Respected Contributor

Re: I cancelled my Josie Reserve because,

It may very well be superior product , anyone that has juiced or uses a vitamix knows you throw away a ton of produce when you juice but when you vitamix you retain everthing so the same could go for the reserve. But we are getting into Perricone territory with 1 oz being over $150. I don't have a problem paying big bucks for a product if it works. The jury is still out on this one.

Honored Contributor

I  have a 1.7 oz. bottle of argeria spinosa kernal oil as the only ingredient listed.  I assume that is the argan oil labeled on the front of the bottle.  That was less than 15.00 from Walgreen's.  I have a pint jar of coconut oil from the health food store, that was around 10.00.  So if you dilute the 100% argan oil product with a cheaper coconut oil, you can charge 78.00 for a half ounce?  Companies that foist this logic on us lose my business completely. 

Super Contributor

There are different grades of argan oil based on how the oil is processed, whether it's picked or p**ped out by a goat (yes that does happen). It's much like olive oil or, to use a non-oil, balsamic vinegar or even coconut oil. There's different grades for all these products. 

As far as the reserve goes, my impression is that the extra ingredients are extra moisturizing ingredients derived from coconut, but they're not coconut oil. Not sure why they're needed in this product, and how the "flavonoids" and "saponins" from the leaves, etc. are incorporated, but that's the little bit I could work out by googling.

And nope I didn't buy it. 

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Quse wrote:

Mine is going back. It's not even as effective as the plain argan oil or the milk. In fact, I found it to be very drying, probably due to the coconut oil in it.
For the $$, not worth it.

I didn't know it has coconut oil in it! Wow, that's so not good for the pores.

@SilleeMeeYes, it's argan oil extract in coconut oil, which is actually why I decided to try it, but I don't like it. Sunk into the sking great, but too drying for me.

Honored Contributor

I don't believe in putting coconut oil on the skin. It is a known pore clogging oil. Bad stuff, imo.

Honored Contributor

I found out the hard way that anything with coconut oil in it dries out my skin....not good.

Honored Contributor

If you do an internet search you can find all sorts of Argon Oil products on the web for way way way cheaper than JM. I prefer ones with preservatives as JM have gone rancid on me in the past. Throwing money in the trash does not make me happy.

Frequent Contributor

I fell for the presentation and the fact there would not be more available until next year.  I went to her website and it was available for the same price with a limit of 3.

I will be returning the one I purchased from QVC.  I have been using faithfully (even shaking the bottle as required), but I have not noticed any of the wonderful results that were promised.  I am a silver fox senior and didn't expect any miracles, but thought there would be a small or perhaps noticeable difference.

I really did not like the smell, even though it didn't last long.

Amazing how many 100% pure argan oil is being sold considering it only grows on trees in one place in the world.Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@Waterwoman wrote:

I fell for the presentation and the fact there would not be more available until next year.  I went to her website and it was available for the same price with a limit of 3.

I will be returning the one I purchased from QVC.  I have been using faithfully (even shaking the bottle as required), but I have not noticed any of the wonderful results that were promised.  I am a silver fox senior and didn't expect any miracles, but thought there would be a small or perhaps noticeable difference.

I really did not like the smell, even though it didn't last long.

Amazing how many 100% pure argan oil is being sold considering it only grows on trees in one place in the world.Smiley Wink

@Waterwoman Thanks so much for posting your review of this new product. Sorry you did not see the results Josie said you would have. I think it's too overpriced for what you are getting in the small bottle. What a waste of money. Glad you are returning it. You should post a review of it. I am glad I did not purchase it.