Respected Contributor

I cancelled my Josie Reserve because,

It was ready to ship and i thought $78 for one half ounce is over the top ,because if you really do like it , it will be a year before you can get more and so what is the point. I am very interested to see how you all like it though

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I cancelled my Josie Reserve because,

While I'm not an argan oil user, I know a lot of you beauties have a fit over the costs.

At the naturopath's this week, I notced they were carrying a 1oz (maybe 1.5?) oz bottle of certified organic argan oil for under $15.

In a brown glass bottle with a dropper.  Great way to add to your other moisturizers or a liquid foundation.

Not sure why hers is so very expensive.

Trusted Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

While I'm not an argan oil user, I know a lot of you beauties have a fit over the costs.

At the naturopath's this week, I notced they were carrying a 1oz (maybe 1.5?) oz bottle of certified organic argan oil for under $15.

In a brown glass bottle with a dropper.  Great way to add to your other moisturizers or a liquid foundation.

Not sure why hers is so very expensive.

@Snowpuppy  Probably because the brand is attached to a beautiful model, and people fall for the hype.  They can be very convincing, persuasive.

Honored Contributor

MW....smart.

Valued Contributor

Mine is going back. It's not even as effective as the plain argan oil or the milk. In fact, I found it to be very drying, probably due to the coconut oil in it.
For the $$, not worth it.

Honored Contributor

@Quse wrote:

Mine is going back. It's not even as effective as the plain argan oil or the milk. In fact, I found it to be very drying, probably due to the coconut oil in it.
For the $$, not worth it.

I didn't know it has coconut oil in it! Wow, that's so not good for the pores.

Super Contributor

I love most JM products, but this was an easy pass for me.

Respected Contributor

Glad I didn't fall for the hype on this. I use her regular argan oil and butters but read the ingredients on this reserve and thought why create this product with ingredients they throw away in the process of making the argan oil and charge a premium for it? 

Honored Contributor

I honestly do not understand the pricing of argan oil unless there are different grade nuts that come off the tree.  Good marketing can make you believe anything.  There is no way I would pay $78 but that's me and why all of sudden was this Reserve oil discovered?    I am not convinced.  :catvery-happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I honestly do not understand the pricing of argan oil unless there are different grade nuts that come off the tree.  Good marketing can make you believe anything.  There is no way I would pay $78 but that's me and why all of sudden was this Reserve oil discovered?    I am not convinced.  :catvery-happy

I think there are "different grade nuts". They don't come from those trees though.Woman WinkWoman LOL