Honored Contributor

I can’t believe how great Wet N Wild photofocus Foundation Dewy is. I’m totally shocked.

[ Edited ]

Wet n Wild photfocus Foundation Dewy. I can’t believe how good this foundation is. This is one of the best foundations I've ever tried. At least in terms of my quick observation, right out of the box. I don't expect it to perform as well as my higher priced foundations. I don't know how it will wear over some hours because I just applied it. I had ordered two shades of this in case I didn't like the expensive foundations or the shades they came in. I had seen several reviews of it on YouTube. First of all, I would not call this dewy. It just doesn't look flat and dry. It smoothies the complexion. It's supposed to hydrate. I can't  tell if this is true yet. It has

.CF1DFD3A-A4AC-4959-AB8B-9CA08141D391.jpeg

a beautiful finish and nice texture. Its not settling into my lines, at least not yet. It's not shiny or dewy, it just looks like refreshed skin, this product came by delivery an hour ago. I tried it on with zero prep. I was just going to try a dab on my check to see the color, but I ended up trying it on. No moisturizer, no primer. I had not washed my face done yesterday and I did not use a wash cloth or any exfliatorwheb I did. I just threw this stuff on my face, applying two different shades, one shade on each half

of my face. I dabbed some on the back of my hand and then I applied with my finger. I know this time a fair test of the product. I'll be sure to do a test with prepping my skin first. After the debacle I had with my Lancome yesterday, I am gobsmacked at the great results. The Lancome was not only expired, orangey and oxidized, but the liquid had a funny texture which did not feel like a liquid foundation usually does. Anyway, back to the Wet n Wild. I ordered two neutral shades, a medium and a medium light. For those that are interested, the bottle says it is not tested on animals. Oh, and here's the kicker, each bottle was only $4.42 and shipped free with Amazon Prime. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I can’t believe how great Wet N Wild photofocus Foundation Dewy is. I’m totally shocked.

Wet N Wild is having a sale on darker shades of the Dewy Foundation. I think they are trying to get women of color to give the foundation a try. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I can’t believe how great Wet N Wild photofocus Foundation Dewy is. I’m totally shocked.

I bought the light neutral and light warm from Amazon.  Will be here tomorrow.  I can't remember the last time I bought a drugstore foundation but it would have been Revlon Colorstay.  Probably 6-7 years ago.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Four hour update. Skin looks pretty dry right now. I see more of a dried out look than my bareskin has. The smooth finish is gone when I'm looking into my large bathroom mirror from about three feet away. I don't see the same thing when looking into my iPad camera. It still looks OK there.   Some separation on the nose. Remember, I have no moisturizer on and I didn't even wash my face first to remove dry, dead skin. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

I don't think I'd ever try on makeup under those conditions.  You'll have to try it again with your normal products.  I used my Fenty HYDRATING foundation today and forgot my moisturizer Smiley Sad  I did the essence, snail snot, moisturizing AHA/BHA/PHA (Glow Recipe) and primer but forgot Tatcha Gel Cream.  Made a difference.  I have REALLY dry and dehydrated skin!

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Mindy D 

I don't think I'd ever try on makeup under those conditions.  You'll have to try it again with your normal products.  I used my Fenty HYDRATING foundation today and forgot my moisturizer Smiley Sad  I did the essence, snail snot, moisturizing AHA/BHA/PHA (Glow Recipe) and primer but forgot Tatcha Gel Cream.  Made a difference.  I have REALLY dry and dehydrated skin!

@monicakm what's the name of this product and do you like it?

Respected Contributor

Putting on makeup before you’ve prepped your skin is like painting a dirty wall.

I really like this foundation. I think applied over moisturizer, lightly powder, and misted with setting spray, it lasts all day with a midday touch up. I’d rather pay an extra dollar for it and get a pump than the giant doe foot it comes with.
Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse 

Glow Recipe's Watermelon Glow PHA+BHA Pore-Tight Toner

I use it everyday as my morning routine.  Yes, I like it.  Wouldn't use it 

if I didn't Smiley Happy  I use 3 or 4 of their products

5 stars out of 3296 reviews

Hydrate skin and tighten pores at once with the ultra-gentle Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner for supple, smooth skin. An essential part of any good skin-care routine, toners help prep and plump skin to readily absorb the rest of your routine. Our innovative formula contains a balance of hydrating ingredients and pore-tightening actives to equally minimize the look of pores and hydrate skin, with gentle yet effective pore actives such as PHA and BHA

Inspired by the Korean Aqua Peel Facial which focuses on the duality of exfoliating and hydrating, this pore-tightening, exfoliating toner helps achieve instantly glowing, pillow-soft skin.

Watermelon glow PHA + BHA pore-tight toner on pink backdrop with fruit

Honored Contributor

@monicakm @Of course, I'm going to give it a better test, probably tomorrow. When yours arrives, please let us know your experience. 

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 @I will be trying the foundation with my normal prepping  routine soon.