Respected Contributor

I bought a new eyelash curler! What a big difference!!

I’ve used a Tarte eyelash curler for a few years and I’ve owned 2. I was on the market for a new one as I just wasn’t getting the curl I wanted. 

I decided to buy the Shiseido from Ulta, and it’s really, really good! It fits my eye shape so much better. I had to be careful with the Tarte one because it would pinch my eyelid if I got too close to the lash root. 

What EL curler do you all have and use? 

Honored Contributor

Re: I bought a new eyelash curler! What a big difference!!

@wvumountiefan  Oh!!  I might have to purchase one...for the last several years my lashes refuse to curl.  For the life of me I cannot understand why they won't curl, I changed mascara thinking that was the problem.  I have ALWAYS used an inexpensive curler...since I was 16.  I wonder what changed?

Trusted Contributor

i've been using the very same eyelash curler since i was a teenager. maybelline kurlash. i've tried others, just for the heck of it, and even expensive ones too. but my maybelline is still the best. they sell the refills up to now, so  i'm really happy about that. i don't wear makeup. i simply curl my lashes. 

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@wvumountiefan  Oh!!  I might have to purchase one...for the last several years my lashes refuse to curl.  For the life of me I cannot understand why they won't curl, I changed mascara thinking that was the problem.  I have ALWAYS used an inexpensive curler...since I was 16.  I wonder what changed?

@Mom2Dogs   I think the biggest difference in the new one is that it suits my eye shape. I had to be careful with the Tarte one and not get too close to the roots. 

Valued Contributor

I've been using the sheseido lash curler for years...it's the most logically shaped in the industry. Our eyes do not curve like the standard curlers do. I don't understand why others make it that way? But, yes I love the shiseido curler! 👍🏼

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

I’ve used a Tarte eyelash curler for a few years and I’ve owned 2. I was on the market for a new one as I just wasn’t getting the curl I wanted. 

I decided to buy the Shiseido from Ulta, and it’s really, really good! It fits my eye shape so much better. I had to be careful with the Tarte one because it would pinch my eyelid if I got too close to the lash root. 

I've tried a number of them too - Shiseido is the best

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan   You're right. There are many brands of lash curlers and many shapes of eyes. Shu Uemura has a wonderful one, Shiseido is good, but I'm a Revlon or Maybelline curler girl. My eyes are fairly round and those work fine on my eyes. 

Years ago, you could purchase refills separately and keep your lash curlers for years. Now it comes with one extra pad and the manufacturers claim after changing to the second enclosed pad at the 6 month mark and having the curler for a year, the "unit" needs to be replaced because it's not as tight. That's a sale's ploy, for sure. I'm using the same several curlers for over 5 years with refill pads I hoarded. No difference in the amount of curl. 

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@wvumountiefan I had the exact same experience. Two Tarte curlers and then my Shieeido. Much better fit for my face. 

Trusted Contributor

@wvumountiefan Can I ask what shape eyes you have?  I have round eyes and have bought some curlers that were very highly rated but were awful for my eyes.  Some left weird crimps in them or pinched.  I'm a little hesitant to try new ones after a few bad experiences.