Honored Contributor

Re: I bought 3 new eyeshadow palettes this week......

@Mrsq2022 

Are you finding all the Ultraviolet colors consistent with ease of use/pigmented?  Last night I got out my Ultraviolet palette and remembered why I didn't reach for it much since I love purple so much.  Some of the shades "work" and some don't.  I had to scrape a shade with my fingernail to get any color.  The Norvina vol 5 palette applies incredibly good.  Colors are soft and rich.  It's my favorite e/s palette.  Found this pic of both the Norvina and Viseart purple palettes.  I have both Smiley Surprised  That B5 color  in the Norvina palette is, imo, the breakout star Smiley Happy  It's  going to be decadent this fall/winter.  I think UD should re-release the Ultraviolet palette and make it what it could/should have been.

r/swatchitforme - ABH Norvina 5 (left) and Viseart Étendu Violette have similar base color stories, in different sizes and formulas. Photographed in indirect natural light.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling 

I found a lot of the info you are looking for in the Privacy Policy.  When you click on an item, it lists the ingredients.  You can find their mailing address under Contact Us (CA).  They also mention who they are and  how they got their name (it is named after the 3 founder's children).  It used to be Feather River.  It appears there was a decapitated body found in the Feather River.  That might be why they changed the name.

It looks like they may be branching out with other brands.  There are 3 names but no info or products under those names yet.  It looks like all the information you find on other sites are on this one.  They also have done collaborations with at least 2 YT beauty channels.  One being my favorite, Mel Thompson.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@Mrsq2022 

Are you finding all the Ultraviolet colors consistent with ease of use/pigmented?  Last night I got out my Ultraviolet palette and remembered why I didn't reach for it much since I love purple so much.  Some of the shades "work" and some don't.  I had to scrape a shade with my fingernail to get any color.  The Norvina vol 5 palette applies incredibly good.  Colors are soft and rich.  It's my favorite e/s palette.  Found this pic of both the Norvina and Viseart purple palettes.  I have both Smiley Surprised  That B5 color  in the Norvina palette is, imo, the breakout star Smiley Happy  It's  going to be decadent this fall/winter.  I think UD should re-release the Ultraviolet palette and make it what it could/should have been.

r/swatchitforme - ABH Norvina 5 (left) and Viseart Étendu Violette have similar base color stories, in different sizes and formulas. Photographed in indirect natural light.

@monicakm  @Summeryfun   I do find Viseart easier to use. Sometimes, oils from your brush, transferrd from lid, causes eyeshadow to pack down and be harder to get out of the pan. Many palettes have purples/lavendar tones. 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm  - How is the quality of the Lisa Frank palette?  It sure looks like a fun palette.   I have good memories of Lisa Frank products from when my daughter was a little girl.  

Respected Contributor

E73497E6-1C1C-4CD5-844C-BA516980891E.png

I guess I’ll explain this @Just Bling 

First, click on one of their eyeshadows...... Second, scroll down and you will find all the ingredients in that certain eyeshadow......... Third, if you click on the FAQS link, you will see that most of their products are Vegan and the ones that contain Carmine and Lanolin are listed. I’m sure you could email them to get more information... 

Just because a brand is not sold at Sephora, Ulta or a big box store does not mean the quality is not fantastic. SG and Temptalia did a collab.... I cant speak for Temptalia but she has been in the beauty community for years. I’m sure she has had offers from a lot of brands, but I often use her site for swatch comparison and such. If I want to know something about a brand or company, it’s up to me to do my own research. 

Actually... I’m glad to support brands that choose not to be sold at Sephora and other website or big box stores. Kinda like shopping on Etsy. 

Sorry, this post made you frustrated, but if you email them, I’m sure they’ll be able to answer all your questions. 

Respected Contributor

1592446F-D5F4-43E7-B782-931E51657F5A.jpeg

@San Antonio Gal   This is the SG Sweet Indulgence palette. I just swatched them on my arm and thought I’d share a picture with you and anyone else interested. 

These swatches are one swipe! I always keep in mind that they will apply differently on the eyes and with a brush, but SG has never disappointed me. I will try to get some swatches from the Mean Girls x Profusion palette. 😊

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

The Lisa Frank palette is by Morphe.  When I got it I was happy to see that the colors weren't quite as bright as they looked on line.  I'm happy with the quality.  I can't remember the last time I used it tho.  But that doesn't say anything negative about the palette.  That just says I have too many palettes and not enough opportunities to leave the house and wear a full face of makeup.  If you're looking for "fun" this is a good one!  This photo is a good representation of the colors.

MORPHE X LISA FRANK 35B BY LISA FRANK ARTISTRY PALETTE - FORREST™

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus @monicakm  When that happens to me I use a new, clean, soft toothbrush (dry) and GENTLY brush the surface to brush away that barrier which is caused by any oils or moisturizer from moisturizer/primer/other makeup/humidity etc.

I notice this only happens with more finely milled pressed powders that are likely pressed too tightly into the palette during manufacturing.  If you love in a humid environment, storing powders in a really dry location may help.  

Ive actually returned products as defective when It's a known product to me that has been overly pressed during manufacturing and just won't budge.  A super fine powder, pressed with too much pressure, and add a little humidity or a brush with oil residue, and it's the perfect storm for a rock-hard unusable eyeshadow or blush lol!

I'll swatch Ultraviolet because I dont think any of mine are overly pressed, but there are a few that are so unique that I LOVE and will swatch those separately.  

And what made the palette worth it for me is that I'm very lazy and don't like to need to use 2-3 different palettes to apply eyeshadow.  So the fact that the UV palette has the neutral "base" shades and the the caramel contrast shadows was a selling point for me.  If it were 100% purples I probably wouldn't actually use it as often.  

Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022 

Good  advice Smiley Happy  Thanks!  Enjoy your new palette Smiley Happy  I don't know that I'll ever use mine again since getting the Norvina vol 5 palette.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm @Shanus I hope this photo inserts properly..  

Half the UV palette is neutral shades so I just started with the green and swatched everything to the right of it.

The second to the last one looks really dark on the palette but it's actually really pretty when I just smudge it as a sheer veil of glitter all over my lid.  I had thought the two darkest shadows on the end would be best as liners so was surprised how pretty it blended out.

I know there are tons of purple palettes out there, but this one is just what I needed this year!  I live in a VERY dry climate and so far the powders are still very "powdery" lol.  This palette has been fine so far but I recall having ther issue with one of the nkeds a long time ago and just hated it..  wasn't a fan of the first few at all.

B29761F7-1004-4A70-BFFD-781B5EAE8942.jpeg