Respected Contributor

I bought 3 new eyeshadow palettes this week......

The first one is from the Indie Brand Sydney Grace.. if you have not tried SG eyeshadows, you are missing out. This is one of the best formulas I’ve tried.  0FF7553F-2C95-4164-A022-EF7F2F9668AB.jpeg

If you’re looking for great quality from a smaller indie brand, try SG.... you’ll thank me later. 😊

Respected Contributor

Re: I bought 3 new eyeshadow palettes this week......

ABCCDB25-C81D-4783-BE8C-190DCF6B635E.jpeg

This palette was not on my radar, but I saw it at my local Walmart and for $14.99, I got it. This picture does not do some of the shimmers justice, but it’s beautiful. Some colors I won’t reach for, but others I will   

Respected Contributor

Sorry for the 3 posts but I couldn’t get them all in one and was getting aggravated. My 3rd palette is the ND Mini Xenon palette. I have 3 of her small 5 pan palettes and her Bronze palette. Her formula is really good and I’ve never been disappointed. I also bought the Burgundy eyeliner from this collection and love it. Her Blackest Black eyeshadow is no joke. 🖤😊

Honored Contributor

What is the quality like of the 14.99 palette @wvumountiefan ?  

Respected Contributor

I only swatched a couple of the shimmers when I got home and they’re really nice. I have not tried them on my eyes, but Profusion is pretty good quality for drugstore. I say, if you see this at your local Walmart, try it. Those greens are so beautiful! I love green and purple eyeshadows. 😊 

I will try them this week and try to report back. HTH

Trusted Contributor

I splurged and bought the Urban Decay Ultraviolet palette last week. I really needed something bright and fun and even though I haven’t been going out to dinner or doing as much socialize if I still enjoy wearing makeup. And I actually have more “time” at home to play with eyeshadows these days (that’s how I justified it at least Smiley Wink)

I personally find that cheap palettes will often have a few sgades that are a really decent quality and others that are unwearable. So I’ll sometimes buy an inexpensive fun pallete for a few of the colors, but then I eventually “depot” the ones I use and add to a magnetic case. The Urban Decay Ultraviolet was the first “fun” bright colored palette I’ve splurged on and I admit the eyeshadows are phenomenal and every single one is pigmented and beautiful quality.

I’ll need to look at that Profusion brand so let us know how it goes! And I’m especially interested in how you’ve been using the purple shades since the Ultraviolet palette I just bought has lots of purples and violets. I like using neutral liner and all over shadow, but using a purple shade to line my upper lash line. It’s a really easy way to test a bright “fun” shade to see if it even looks good on me (that’s how I learned I can’t wear “red” shadow or bright teal)
Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan  - looking forward to hearing how you like the Profusion and @Mrsq2022 if you try it, let us know.  

Respected Contributor

I just shake my head and underestimate the power of YouTube and Instagram.

The Sydney Grace brand has gained momentum just due to social medial.

I went to the website and what do I find?  Nothing, no information as to what's in this stuff, where it's manufactured, where is the company registered.

This is your eyes, this is your skin.  Trusting someone on social media telling you to buy it, I would just turn the other way.

I just bunch them all up and call them Fly by Night cosmetic companies.

So Colour Pop won't accept returns directly...red flag

Sydney Grace tells you, we have no way to bill you later for a backorder so you need to pay up and just wait.

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan Those look so nice. I really want the Temptalia palettes from SG!

And, I buy any burgundy liner that I can find so I will check that out, too.

Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

I didn't know SG was considered an indie brand but congrats on all the new palettes.  You should have plenty to keep you busy playing all weekend Smiley Happy  The WM palette kinda reminds me of the Lisa Frank palette I bought last year.  Enjoy!