Honored Contributor

Re: I believe IT has now taken over the never-ending Dyson position in air time

The only IT product I use is the universal original brow pencil. 

I may be wrong but IT only has full coverage foundation...so does a lot of makeup brands on Q. That's not a good look for skin over 50. Even if you have a few flaws, it looks more natural and younger to let them show rather than covering the face w/ heavy makeup. Tinted moisturizer or a makeup w/ buildable coverage & a little concealer is a better way to go.  IT does a matte full coverage mu. If you look at the older models, that foundation looks cakey especially around the eyes.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't even watch that much, but I can hit all the talking points for all the products, (even down to the models) sans the "ums" from J.

Except that I do really like Bye Bye Pores!

Respected Contributor

Until something better comes along - it's time is limited - so she better make her money for her big gigantic house while she can.  Look at Mally - same thing - used to be on all the time.  I bet everyone  on this board could say word for word Jamie's speal about all of her products.  It's boring and tiring........yada yada yada......yawn

Super Contributor

I've tried a number of her products over the last several months. I've used up an entire tube of the CC cream foundation and I'm not re-buying. I've gone back to Merle Norman foundation, which I love for my 55 year old skin. I've also found great drug store dupes for just about all the other products I've tried. I can honestly say the only thing she sells that I love and will continue to use are her brushes. I love them!

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Valued Contributor

Not only is IT on all the time on QVC, it seems like the informercal is on all the time on every channel!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl wrote:

I just wish 2 things. that they would STOP inserting the phrase "we work with plastic surgeons" into their spiel every 30 seconds and that Jaime & Desiree would do something with those horrible horrible eyebrows they both sport. Having said that, I do use a couple of IT products, the original celebration foundation and a lipstick, that je ne sais whatever and like them both. Oh yeh a 3rd wish.....SLOW DOWN JAIME, geez louise such speed talking she does.

@Horrible eyebrows, indeed @shaggygirl.  My two biggest peeves with makeup are black eyes and painted on, unnatural looking brows. No, lining the eyes with black eyeliner does not "open up the eyes". In fact, it closes them in and the whites of the eyes no longer look white. It also reduces the amount of upper eyelid seen.

Granted, my philosophy regarding makeup is that "less is more"... but I still cannot comprehend the horrific amount of makeup piled on to the vendors and models. To me, IT cosmetics look troweled on and painted on (as do all the other makeup lines I've seen presented on QVC). What are women thinking? Makeup should enhance and hardly be seen. Almost 100% of the time, I think the models look better in their "befores" than in their "afters".

Honored Contributor

Their iconic under eye concealer does not work for me, I get much better results with Maybelline Rewind.

Respected Contributor

I love IT.  The make up works for me, so I don't mind.  I much rather watch make up of any kind over computers and beds

Deb

Valued Contributor

I saw them on regular tv hawking a try me kit. They all looked yellow. It's not my tv.

Respected Contributor

Hoping Qvc will will consider our boredom, and provide more variety on beauty.  Honestly, when It first started, I liked watching, and even bought a couple of things...same for Philosophy.  But when they show the SAME vendors, saying the SAME thing for 4, 5 yrs, and how many times in one month??   I really cannot watch, and haven't purchased a beauty item, in a verrry lonnng time.  Also, I just don't enjoy Jamie's or that Philosophy lady's appearance, so that makes it harder to buy their products...I'm just not impressed with how they look.  Could be..IT foundations are very heavy...but I understand Jamie needs it for her skin problems.   Can't stand most of the hosts too...way over the top acting.  Just want to hear about the beauty product...and absolutely more variety.