Honored Contributor

I am thinking about not coloring my hair any more

I get my hair colored every three- fours weeks its is pricey and time consuming. I do not want to wait for it to grow out.

Do stylists bleach color out of hair to get it back to a natural color, I can tell from my roots that it would be a beautiful salt and pepper.

Am I crazy

thanks all

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I am thinking about not coloring my hair any more

Why don't you color it yourself?  I have only just started to do this.  Then I will do a root cover up for awhile.  Then I will go to the solon maybe once a year or so to be sure it is all covered and get some high lights.  Not sure how other woman handle/color their hair and I would be interested to know.  But I too would be tired of going every month and spending the time and money on your hair.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

You will be one happy camper when you dont have to spend the time and money to get color anymore.  Yes your color can be reversed, ask your stylist she will be able to help you.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I am a natural very light blonde.i colored my hair for years anyway.......lol  just because everyone else did..........lol 

4 yrs ago I noticed some grey  (i'm 80 now) growing in the front and got excited about it ,so I stopped coloring to see what happened.

well sadly nothing happened. I'm still waiting for the grey.I can see it a little but noone else can ..............

BUT,I did wind up with a really pretty  color blonde hair,that i actually love and i wonder why I colored it all my life????

Frequent Contributor

I’ve always colored my own hair. Well, tbh, my hubby does it for me bc. he is very meticulous. So t all depends on the dyes I get. Sometimes I use Sally Beauty stuff, but mostly dyes from the big chain stores (Target, etc.). Now I even have highlights. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox I decided to let my natural color appear about 3 years ago...I am totally white and get many compliments on my color. My hair stylist did lots of blond highlights in my hair to help it grow out..I wear my hair short so it only took  months or so. 

I have saved a lot of money and love my color. Good lyck

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I get my hair colored every three- fours weeks its is pricey and time consuming. I do not want to wait for it to grow out.

Do stylists bleach color out of hair to get it back to a natural color, I can tell from my roots that it would be a beautiful salt and pepper.

Am I crazy

thanks all

I use root touch up in a spray can (I think Loreal brand) and sometimes Clairol root touch up which lasts longer in between my hair coloring.  The Loreal spray costs about $9 and the Clairol is about $7.  It holds me over well.

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy

Thanks but I am trying to get opinions in going grey

@ScrapHappy wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Am I crazy

thanks all

I use root touch up in a spray can (I think Loreal brand) and sometimes Clairol root touch up which lasts longer in between my hair coloring.  The Loreal spray costs about $9 and the Clairol is about $7.  It holds me over well.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox.  I quit coloring my hair when I retired over 20 years ago.  Best decision I ever made.  It's now pretty much solid silver, and I get many compliments on it.  Not having to worry about roots is very freeing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@I am still oxox.  I quit coloring my hair when I retired.  Best decision I ever made.

@Kachina624@I am still oxox.   Same here. Best decision also.