Honored Contributor

Re: I am such a sucker for eyeshadow pallettes

@willdob3 Recently ordered a number of new palettes to replace ones that I had to toss because I never used them and/or they were way too old.  Have told myself that when I get the new ones, I must be able to use a majority of the colors or back they go.  No more keeping palettes that I may use cuz I end up never using them.

Trusted Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

Did anyone else see the Tarte holiday set tonight?  Wow!  24 eyeshadows, bronzer, highlighter, blush, mascara, eyeliner, gloss.  A really nice set.  Lots of pretty colors and most looked usable.  I was able to pass but thought I would share.

@JudyL this might be too late now, unless you are still up at midnight PST.  That Tarte set is at Macy's.  I've had my eye on it.  Right now Macy's has a deal, on their website.  $10 off $50.  Retailmenot has a cash back of $10 when you spend $20. ( I seriously need to do some shopping with THAT offer!).

The set was $48 So I got a $10 MAC lipstick.  You'll get $10 off right now and Retailmenot sends you PayPal in about a month.  

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL ... don't remember whether or not I ever mentioned that I ordered the  KAT VON D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette from Sephora.   Well, it arrived yesterday ... and I am definitely returning it.  Some colors are pretty .. but I already have similar ones.  And the rest of the colors I really don't care for at all.  

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector so sorry it didn't work out for you.  I was waiting until I rec'd my latest addition before I said anything.  Couldn't help myself.  The TARTE website had a 25% off sale so I bought a new palette.  Will let you know what I think of it when it arrives.

Honored Contributor

So am I.

I look at it this way: When I was 8 I played with crayons and paints. Now that I'm older I play with my "grown-up crayons and paints"! Even when I was a young newlywed I spent time in the bathroom mixing color combinations on my eyes. I enjoy it, it doesn't hurt me or anyone else, and there are worse habits to have.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I have been good lately but palettes used to be real problem for me. I haven't counted recently and I did do a purge not long ago but I am embarrassed to say that I have probably over 40 or 50. My makeup stash looks like one of those beauty youtubers. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@Boehm Collector so sorry it didn't work out for you.  I was waiting until I rec'd my latest addition before I said anything.  Couldn't help myself.  The TARTE website had a 25% off sale so I bought a new palette.  Will let you know what I think of it when it arrives.

Hi @JudyL .. which Tarte Palette did you order?  

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector  I ordered the "Amazonian clay PRO" palette.  Its the one with the teal colored shadow in the lower right corner.

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@Boehm Collector  I ordered the "Amazonian clay PRO" palette.  Its the one with the teal colored shadow in the lower right corner.

Hi @JudyL ... is this the Tarte Palette you ordered?  Very pretty.   Let me know how you like it once it arrives.

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 9.27.42 AM.png

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector  Thats it!  I'll let you know.  It looked pretty at Ulta.