Honored Contributor

I am such a sucker for eyeshadow pallettes

I have probably 8 different eyeshadow pallettes - mostly Tarte - but definitely more than one woman would ever need.  Yet tonight on Shawn's show there was a Tarte eyeshadow pallette that I loved!  I ordered it, then cancelled it because I made myself go look at my stash of pallettes and told myself I don't need yet another pallette!  HAHA  I'm sure I had those colors or ones close to them already but but but......

Does anyone else have this problem? 

Regular Contributor

Re: I am such a sucker for eyeshadow pallettes

Yes! Oh I want to order that Taste pallette so bad, but I won't! I have so many pretty eye-shadow palettes. I guess it may be a type of addiction? I really have to start using what I already have!

Honored Contributor

I buy things and cancel or buy and return.  I can be impulsive at times which I hate.  You just have to sit down, take a deep breath and tell yourself do I need this or want this?  It helps me put my shopping in perspective. Tonight, I purchased a duo of body wash called Candy Cane by philosophy.  They actually had what scents were in the body wash under description.  Anyway, you ended up saving $6 off both bottles. 16 oz. bottles in a total of 4 scents. It comes down to about $15 per bottle.  Nice for gifts but I am keeping one.  Cat Wink Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I probably have more Laura Geller palettes than I'll ever be able to use up in my life!  But that also probably won't stop me from buying more in the future.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Klmor thats what I've been telling myself too - use what I have.  Been on a beauty buying binge lately and I now have enough to last me until the next decade!  Well maybe not that long but a long time.  Smiley Surprised)  For me, its fun to have a lot of choices of eyeshadows but I can get overwhelmed if I have too many.  So, told myself to just let this one go, use up what I have and remember there will always be pretty eyeshadow pallettes down the road.  At least thats working tonight, tomorrow, next week may be another story!  

Honored Contributor

KatCat - always good to keep one and gift one.  That was a good deal on Philosophy.

Honored Contributor

@soonersis oh I do know what you mean....

Contributor

I have always thought it was an addiction of some kind, and that I was the only one - LOL. Glad that got straightened out.  The really pathetic thing is that I rarely wear any shadow  because I don't work anymore and don't go out very much.  Laura Geller and Tarte are the bomb!  Several years ago I bought a set from Laura that was 5 or 6 separate pallettes that came in drawers.  I got it, drooled over it and then returned it. Craziness, and that gets expensive.

I also noticed that I have a tendency to buy the largest collection of crayons, colored pens, etc.  Maybe I am just addicted to colors?!?

Honored Contributor

@tweetcakes157  Addicted to colors!  I like that!  That must be it!  Like you I always love the biggest box of crayons or colored pencils and when I do color - yes, I do enjoy adult coloring books - I love using as much color as possible and different color combinations. 

So glad I'm not the only one. 

Frequent Contributor

I love eyeshadow palettes.  And colors.  I already have enough but I always want more.  I almost bought the Tarte steal but I talked myself out of it.  There are just too many pretty choices!

It's the little things.