Honored Contributor

Re: I am so tired of QVC grinding brands into the ground i.e.-Philosophy, IT, ect. more variety please!

I think they have always had "favorites" they run into the ground. I have been with QVC since the beginning. Back then it was The Amcor Ionizer, the Sears pain reliever (that hand held device with the infra red light), Nesco roaster, If you didn't have one of these items, you weren't a real QVC devotee' LOL!

I think they sign a contract with some vendors to highlight their product. Maybe they get a bigger cut if they sell a certain amount.

It is true. QVC takes an item and shows it on air until no one can even look at it, and everyone has bought one or quit watching

Honored Contributor

Re: I am so tired of QVC grinding brands into the ground i.e.-Philosophy, IT, ect. more variety please!

To add a comment to one of the posters who responded to this thread. QVC's target audience is not stay at home Mom's. They wish. They have been trying to bring in a younger audience. But the audience they cater to, the audience that spends is the late 40's to 60's. And it is women. 95% of their viewers are women. Also, their audience is middle to upper middle income. That is based by where you live. At least that was the stats a year ago.

Last year was not QVC's best growth year

Respected Contributor

Yes, it's boring.

Tired of the same IT Cosmetics and Philosophy.

Would even like to see more Bare Minerals, since they have expanded their line.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Yep I almost never watch a Beauty Program anymore, because I can pretty much guess at what will be shown, It, Philosophy, Josie and WEN......

Trusted Contributor

On 4/6/2015 annabellethecat said:

I have only been watching QVC for 10 years (not a long time compared to some). I can remember when there was a REAL variety of clothes and items.

Now it's the same stuff recycled. I stay up pretty late at night, so I see a lot of items that are presented for the first time. Then all during the day over and over and (you get the idea) they are shown.

I can see presenting them a few times, but over and over and over, it gets stupid. Why not wait a day or so then go back.

I am in the process of downsizing. I've lived here for 35 years so you can imagine the stuff I have. I've come across so many QVC (mostly QVC) items and clothes I've bought that I wish to goodness I could still wear (lost weight). They are made so much better and with imagination. The designers are still around just not in QVC land.

I could buy a size and it would always fit. A size 2X (which is what I wore) always fit. A 2X WAS a 2X.

Up until about 7 or 8 months ago I bought a lot of clothes, items, etc. Now I seldom buy things. They never fit AT ALL. They are always a size XL but usually they are too big, unless they are too small......

In other words the sizes mean zip. They come from other countries. One thing I've learned is that if it is black (black sweaters, etc) it always runs smaller. I'm still trying to figure that one out. Like maybe the dye shrinks it? I don't know.

"Ugh! I'm bored with this. I know I'm boring you because I'm boring myself. Same old same old....."

Yes.

Super Contributor

You can add Temp tations, Vitamix, laptops and Keurig to the list, along with SG and D&Co.

Super Contributor

On 4/7/2015 shoekitty said:

I think they have always had "favorites" they run into the ground. I have been with QVC since the beginning. Back then it was The Amcor Ionizer, the Sears pain reliever (that hand held device with the infra red light), Nesco roaster, If you didn't have one of these items, you weren't a real QVC devotee' LOL!

I think they sign a contract with some vendors to highlight their product. Maybe they get a bigger cut if they sell a certain amount.

It is true. QVC takes an item and shows it on air until no one can even look at it, and everyone has bought one or quit watching

Yes, that's true, but they also had more variety years ago and showed more products so it wasn't as aggravating as now...

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/6/2015 annabellethecat said:

I have only been watching QVC for 10 years (not a long time compared to some). I can remember when there was a REAL variety of clothes and items.

Now it's the same stuff recycled. I stay up pretty late at night, so I see a lot of items that are presented for the first time. Then all during the day over and over and (you get the idea) they are shown.

I can see presenting them a few times, but over and over and over, it gets stupid. Why not wait a day or so then go back.

I am in the process of downsizing. I've lived here for 35 years so you can imagine the stuff I have. I've come across so many QVC (mostly QVC) items and clothes I've bought that I wish to goodness I could still wear (lost weight). They are made so much better and with imagination. The designers are still around just not in QVC land.

I could buy a size and it would always fit. A size 2X (which is what I wore) always fit. A 2X WAS a 2X.

Up until about 7 or 8 months ago I bought a lot of clothes, items, etc. Now I seldom buy things. They never fit AT ALL. They are always a size XL but usually they are too big, unless they are too small......

In other words the sizes mean zip. They come from other countries. One thing I've learned is that if it is black (black sweaters, etc) it always runs smaller. I'm still trying to figure that one out. Like maybe the dye shrinks it? I don't know.

Ugh! I'm bored with this. I know I'm boring you because I'm boring myself. Same old same old.....

You are not boring me at all. Your posts always make sense.
Respected Contributor

they've engaged in this over-saturation business model for as long as I remember. It must work for them. Not sure about the products, think BMakowsky, Smashbox, il makiage, "crapcakes", Koos, Beverly Hills Gold, Maxx NY Bags, Boyds, Peterboro Baskets, damasquinado, Capidamonte, beleek, .... They wring them dry then there's no market for them, or they get built up to the point that the business can be sold off to highest bidder for early retirement for the founders. Seems like a natural progression. I read that all businesses eventually die, and that's the normal progression too. So if you're getting tired, there are probably many others getting fed up too.

Super Contributor

I stopped buying from QVC long ago due to the S&H charges and the horrible customer service but I still kept the channel on TV just because it was kind of interesting background sound. No more. It has become so repetitious that it is like listening to info-mercials over and over.

There must be some reason for the over sell. Maybe they sign some kind of agreement with the merchandise company to sell a certain amount of product over a specific period of time. I don't know but I can't imagine how people can stand to listen to that all the time.

Once QVC went from being a small TV sales program to an international selling machine things changed radically. It is now a multimillion dollar corporation that is out of touch with mainstream America.