Respected Contributor

Re: I am so tired of QVC grinding brands into the ground i.e.-Philosophy, IT, ect. more variety please!

Q used to have product variety across categories and it was fun to watch then. Now both product category and variety are drastically limited, and I hardly ever watch. I suppose some viewers like the repetition, however, because it's a strategy that works for Q (profit) even thigh it doesn't work for me. Oh, well.
Frequent Contributor

Re: I am so tired of QVC grinding brands into the ground i.e.-Philosophy, IT, ect. more variety please!

I totally agree. QVC has become boring with the same products sold over and over again, etc.

I remember years ago when they went to California and sold beauty products with Victoria Jackson, Victoria Principle, Tova to name a few. It was fun and exciting.

Frequent Contributor

I am sooooo tired of supersize beauty items, too. They are too big and too expensive and not a good value for me.

Super Contributor

I'm really tired of IT and Dooney.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch anymore either....stale programming.....have seen it all before....no reason to watch .....they need to get some new brands and fresh styles....

Super Contributor

And to top it all off, here we go again with another Clarisonic TSV on May 1. I thought everyone in the world owned one by now, except me. And Dyson is the TSV on May 3!
Respected Contributor

But also people shop different now...I only buy WEN and Josie here...I don't watch the shows unless it's for a new product, I know what I want and usually the best prices for those items are here for me.....When you sell major amounts of a certain product that is what you will present most often and during the best hours..all the shopping channels do for the most part, not just here....Watching QVC and buying are kind of 2 different things to me now...Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

On 4/6/2015 pas4116 said:

In the past 10-20 years that some viewers refer to above, the market has changed drastically. Why doesn't Q sell Bare Minerals any more? Because you can buy the products at just about every mall and dozens of websites that offer free shipping and maybe no tax. They can't compete with that. Wen is now the exclusive product at Q. It's only available on Chaz' website at higher prices, Guthy-Renker-we'll-charge-you-for-life and a couple of products at Sephora. They used to have lots of lines with this type of arrangement.

I agree. They may be moving slowly toward a more modern business model, maybe the norm now is for people to do an internet search, read the item specs, view a quick video and decide to purchase or not. I'm sure that the current almost 24/7 programming is very expensive, with many employees. It would be interesting to know if they ever envisioned people using the channel for hours of entertainment in addition to only shopping. Interesting!
Honored Contributor

On 4/6/2015 pas4116 said:

In the past 10-20 years that some viewers refer to above, the market has changed drastically. Why doesn't Q sell Bare Minerals any more? Because you can buy the products at just about every mall and dozens of websites that offer free shipping and maybe no tax. They can't compete with that. Wen is now the exclusive product at Q. It's only available on Chaz' website at higher prices, Guthy-Renker-we'll-charge-you-for-life and a couple of products at Sephora. They used to have lots of lines with this type of arrangement.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

Their target audience is probably some stay at home moms, but I would venture, based on the voices and what the callers say, it is targeting women who have recently retired and have already retired.

Haven't you noticed the clothes are casual? So.....a lot of people who are in their 60's and 70's don't like shopping from the computer, some can't get out to shop but want to look good, some don't even have a computer.

As long as these people (I'm 68 but I have all of the latest junk and love using it, I do like TV though) are like I mentioned, there will be a place for programming like QVC and HSN.