Trusted Contributor

I am so tired of QVC grinding brands into the ground i.e.-Philosophy, IT, ect. more variety please!

QVC just beats the same brands over our heads constantly I just don't watch their beauty shows anymore. I miss the variety they used to have such as Mally Beauty, Smashbox, and bare minerals--they are not even on anymore.

Why does QVC do this? They may get high sales (IT) for a while, but as they saturate the QVC viewership we become bored of there programming and don't even watch anymore! Gosh it is tiresome when I enjoy the format of beauty shows compared to buying from Sephora or a department store where you don't get a really good demonstration and lots of choices like QVC used to have. QVC is getting so stale.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: I am so tired of QVC grinding brands into the ground i.e.-Philosophy, IT, ect. more variety please!

I think they've scaled back their product offerings to just the ones that bring in the money. People must be buying it.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Valued Contributor

Re: I am so tired of QVC grinding brands into the ground i.e.-Philosophy, IT, ect. more variety please!

Stale and boring

No thought is worth thinking.....
Honored Contributor

As with other products the Q has on ad nauseum--SG, Vitamix, etc., etc.--someone is buying otherwise the programming would be different.

Honored Contributor

On 4/6/2015 Karnerblue said:

I think they've scaled back their product offerings to just the ones that bring in the money. People must be buying it.

yep, why give expensive airtime to products that don't sell as well? Same goes for relegating some products to the lesser time slots. Prime airtime is for the products/lines that bring in the big $$$. From a business perspective, it only makes sense.

Valued Contributor

Don't forget Clarks...Dyson...Serta...Isacc... Wen blah blah

No thought is worth thinking.....
Regular Contributor

I totally agree. It's become a bore fest. The Q has lost a lot of good vendors and a lot of their viewing customers by the opinions I've been reading, as of late. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, the Q could use a good going over and polling what people want. Or people will shop elsewhere, I am one of them.

Frequent Contributor

I agree.Iam also tired of supersizing the beauty products. Not gonna buy.
Honored Contributor

If I ever watched QVC, I'd probably be bored. I just don't use them for my entertainment - although there was a time when I did. Never again, I hope.

As it is what I buy comes pretty much from what OP doesn't want to see. Being a producer for QVC must feel at times like walking a gymnastics bar. It's a tough balance between viewers and buyers.

Regular Contributor

I am with you.... Q has become the ''Philosophy", "Temptations", and I refuse to watch or buy.... also their ''quality'' is decreasing for sure