Respected Contributor

Re: I am so glad Wen was Numero Uno under Top Tags!

@HappyDaze wrote:

@ClassySassyGal wrote:

Happy Daze it is very confusing to me . I really think it is harder to comminicate  on this format .  Not feeling it is worth the effort .  

I agree it is very difficult to follow the train of thought on these posts, especially if someone doesn't quote the post they are referring  to- I KNOW you can't on the ipad or iphone or some just don't know how, and that is fine but still makes it confusing neverthelss.

Also, I am not really liking all the various colors people are using and the HUGE FONT some have chosen-this takes up alot of space and then you start having more and more pages with only a few posts per page (a bit of an exaggeration I know but still, lol).

I agree. It's hard enough to read the new forum as it is. It doesn't get easier when people now have the ability to change the font, color and size. Some posts have tiny text and others have huge. Why can't we have a consistent look?

Esteemed Contributor

I agree. Uniformed font would be better. I like #3 font - it's easy to read without eye straining. What about you? I am sure, there will be multiple answers! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HSB1204 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@ClassySassyGal wrote:

Happy Daze it is very confusing to me . I really think it is harder to comminicate  on this format .  Not feeling it is worth the effort .  

I agree it is very difficult to follow the train of thought on these posts, especially if someone doesn't quote the post they are referring  to- I KNOW you can't on the ipad or iphone or some just don't know how, and that is fine but still makes it confusing neverthelss.

Also, I am not really liking all the various colors people are using and the HUGE FONT some have chosen-this takes up alot of space and then you start having more and more pages with only a few posts per page (a bit of an exaggeration I know but still, lol).

I agree. It's hard enough to read the new forum as it is. It doesn't get easier when people now have the ability to change the font, color and size. Some posts have tiny text and others have huge. Why can't we have a consistent look?

Agreed. I am finding I am skipping over posts with all sorts of different styles of fonts, different sizes and various colors. Too confusing. I don't mind if someone changes the color of the font in their responses to a quoted posted as this can help dilineate the OP from the response but then if someone else quotest that thread, I wish they'd remove the previous color. It just becomes such a jumbled mess sometimes!

Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

I agree. Uniformed font would be better. I like #3 font - it's easy to read without eye straining. What about you? I am sure, there will be multiple answers! Smiley LOL

I'm fine with the standard font size. It may seem a little small but it's big enough for me. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@ClassySassyGal wrote:

Agreed. I am finding I am skipping over posts with all sorts of different styles of fonts, different sizes and various colors. Too confusing. I don't mind if someone changes the color of the font in their responses to a quoted posted as this can help dilineate the OP from the response but then if someone else quotest that thread, I wish they'd remove the previous color. It just becomes such a jumbled mess sometimes!

Exactly. It's too hard to read when you see strings of text in different colors and sizes. It reminds me of someone I used to work with who would highlight sentences in her e-mails that she wanted people to pay attention to in red, green, blue, etc. It was like a rainbow of colors but it did nothing but make it harder to read!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HSB1204 wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

I'm fine with the standard font size. It may seem a little small but it's big enough for me. Smiley Wink

I envy those who have fine vision. It does make one's life much easier when you can easily see! Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

I envy those who have fine vision. It does make one's life much easier when you can easiy see! Woman Wink

I can only see if I'm wearing my glasses. Without them i'm pretty much blind as a bat! Smiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

The difference in font sizes doesn't bother me as much as many of the other changes. I do find a bigger font size easier to read these days (less eye strain). However, I usually just use the zoom feature on my browser to make everything a bit bigger.

I am finding the tagging feature less than satisfying. It's better than nothing, but still awkward. I really hate that the Latest Tagged and Top Tagged lists show individual posts instead of topics, so you often see multiple posts from the same topic. And why does "Posts I Tagged" show up sometimes, but not others? It doesn't have anything to do with whether I am logged in or not--I've tested it.

I have tried using the Advanced Search feature and putting "WEN" in the "with one or more of the words" box. Then you can filter the search to show only posts in the Beauty forum. It's still not perfect, but at least you can see a list of topics (not posts) and see it in order of which one has the most recent reply.

This still sucks. I sent an email to the QVC Social Team to try to find out if they ever plan to bring the subforums back and if not, why not? I described all the problems I have in using the forums effectively, even with tags and searches. We'll see if I get an answer. Not holding my breath.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do not want to filter! I want all Wen in one place, with latest answered topics on top. Maybe, it means - I want Wen Forum just like it was before......Woman Sad

p.s. Thank you Dear Aprimo for making it easier on us with your quick brilliant moveHeart tagging WEN first!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wanted to add one more thing on this subject, I do not understand how and why it even came up here. This new format was given to us, and choices are here.

Like it or not, new format did come with features - Font Family, Font Sizes, Color, choices in emotioncons, etc.

People are using these features, because they are available, and obviously everyone does have her own preferences and likings. There is no reason to traduce individuals, because their choices are different from yours.

These complaints could be directed at Forum Hosting, not at individuals using these features made available for them to use.

There will never be a consensus on uniformity here anyway.

Like I said - I prefer a font that is easier for me to read. If someone else posts in smaller font size, or in color, I'll read it too.

I do not dream to make anyone to do things the way I'd prefer. I am going to try to respect people here, by being patient with them and their choices.