Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,922
Registered: ‎06-07-2013

Re: I am so glad Wen was Numero Uno under Top Tags!

Oh, whining is okay when everybody understands, lol. That's is a major point of the boards. You get to whine to people who understand how crucial this stuff is! Hope you find your Tarte peeps.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 148
Registered: ‎03-18-2010

Re: I am so glad Wen was Numero Uno under Top Tags!

[ Edited ]

Happy Daze it is very confusing to me . I really think it is harder to comminicate  on this format .  Not feeling it is worth the effort .  

Valued Contributor
Posts: 761
Registered: ‎03-02-2013

Re: I am so glad Wen was Numero Uno under Top Tags!


This was supposed to be in response to BWB's post, but I managed to mess that up by not clicking on "QUOTE"...

 

 

 

Jen44 wrote:

That is exactly what I do, but I wish all replies to a new post would appear under the original post.  I don't like all replies listed as what appears to be "new posts/topics". 

 

Having written that, if anyone knows of a way to adjust the settings to "fix" this, please share. Thank you. 


 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,055
Registered: ‎12-10-2012

Re: I am so glad Wen was Numero Uno under Top Tags!

[ Edited ]

sochechko wrote: 

 

Who ever was there first to quickly figure it all out, and make WEN to be a very first tag under the Top Tags - was Genious! 

 

Thank you and many Kudos! HeartHeartHeart

 

...'cause it's getting pretty crowded there in "Top Tags" world. I have no idea, where this all may end up. 

Any bets as to how many "tag ideas" there may end up being in a month or two?

 

--

sonechko, thanks so much for starting this thread. -- I think that aprimo was the brains behind the WEN tag, and on the first day Hilary promoted the heck out of the WEN tag. As you mentioned, were it not for their fast thinking, the WEN tag swould have been lost in a jumble of other tags, so a big thank you to both of them!!! -- bebeSmiley Happy

 

P.S. And, yet again, the "quote" function is not working for my MacBook AIr, so I had to cut and paste the quote manually. And so it goes...

 

P.P.S. And I forgot to add the WEN sub forum tag, so I had to edit my post to add the WEN tag so that it would appear in the WEN sub forum. ChynnaBlue was right -- posting on the Q is rocket science!

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,729
Registered: ‎12-29-2014

Re: I am so glad Wen was Numero Uno under Top Tags!

[ Edited ]

@butterflygirl69 wrote:

 

 

I had only been posting on the old forum for a few weeks before it switched over, so I wasn't terribly attached to the format.  It was long enough though to realize that this is a step backward!  Not being able to find WEN posts may be a good thing for me, only because my WEN spending has greatly increased due to reading all of the WEN posts!  

 

 

On another note, I wish there was still a Tarte forum because I got a second shipment in an auto delivery and the colors are awful.  I need to whine about it with others who share my disappointment!  Lol.  I'm sure my thread would end up getting lost in the shuffle with the unorganized  format of this board.... Which may be a good thing since nobody likes a whiner (wine =good; whine = not good). Smiley Wink 

 

 


 

Great point you brought up, Butterflygirl!

It is clearly a fact, easy to find for all readers category for WEN is here no more. Great number of lurkers, I am sure is gone with it too.

 

I thought about it - what a "genious" move on behalf of QVC to discrupt a solid and well established community, members of which, for a fact, were "enabling" each other, and new comers also, to buy more Wen from QVC!

 

 

I try to catch myself when I am being a whiner, and understand that most will get used to a new forum format, it's conveniences and inconveniences, and will go on. 

BUT never-the-less, you right again, Butterflygirl - my WEN spending has greatly decreased lately, which maybe a good thing!

 

If I were a "newbie" to Wen Product again, I would of NEVER able to spend this much money, and I mean a LOT of money, if not for the old Wen Forum, were I got all my education, excitement, and enabling to buy more Wen. I got it all from old Wen Forum, where it was so easy to find the latest tips, news, sales, OTOs, TSVs and chats.

 

So, yeah - it is good for me, and not good for QVC sales bottom line  (on my behalf at least)!

 

Yes, I don't want to whine about "inconveniences", I just want to say - QVC sometimes does things I totally do not get!

 

An established product community helps QVC to sell maybe even better than their hosts can!

 

Also, just like it was said earlier on another thread, I think by Bebe, they'd delete some useful Wen education threads, and yet they allow Wen trushing threads, by those who hate or do not use Wen, remain. Nice! But why?

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,729
Registered: ‎12-29-2014

Re: I am so glad Wen was Numero Uno under Top Tags!

[ Edited ]

@bebe777 wrote:

sochechko wrote: 

 

Who ever was there first to quickly figure it all out, and make WEN to be a very first tag under the Top Tags - was Genious! 

 

Thank you and many Kudos! HeartHeartHeart

 

...'cause it's getting pretty crowded there in "Top Tags" world. I have no idea, where this all may end up. 

Any bets as to how many "tag ideas" there may end up being in a month or two?

 

--

sonechko, thanks so much for starting this thread. -- I think that aprimo was the brains behind the WEN tag, and on the first day Hilary promoted the heck out of the WEN tag. As you mentioned, were it not for their fast thinking, the WEN tag swould have been lost in a jumble of other tags, so a big thank you to both of them!!! -- bebeSmiley Happy

 

P.S. And, yet again, the "quote" function is not working for my MacBook AIr, so I had to cut and paste the quote manually. And so it goes...

 

P.P.S. And I forgot to add the WEN sub forum tag, so I had to edit my post to add the WEN tag so that it would appear in the WEN sub forum. ChynnaBlue was right -- posting on the Q is rocket science!


 

Dear Bebe! No! I Heart and THANK YOU BEBE for all this really hard and time consuming work you've done on categorizing and explaining Wen Products to me (and others)!

 

If not for your efforts creating Wen 101 and Abbreviations threads, I would be so lost here! Wen is quite complex to a newbie without a guidance.

 

I would of not had a closet full of my beloved Wen, if not for you and other Wen Devotees! Thanks from the bottom of my heart, Bebe!

 

I also want to sincerely THANK APRIMO for her genious quick move making Wen to be 1st Tag, and of course, THANK HILARY for pushing a promo on it - THANK YOU, Girls!

 

Yeah, ChynnaBlue was right -- posting on the Q is rocket science!

 

I also, want to complain about spell correction as I type, not being available under new format. For me, with English being second language, it was such tremendous help and assurance that I do not sound too dumb most of the times!

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,041
Registered: ‎08-30-2013

Re: I am so glad Wen was Numero Uno under Top Tags!

Hey ladies, hope all is well with everyone. I really don't care for this "new and improved" experience, but I'm occasionally trying to slog my way through it.......I really miss the old sub forums and wish they would reactivate those. Or maybe just the Wen one :-)

I've had the best luck by going to Beauty, then skimming for Wen threads. When I go to the top tags for Wen, I just a listing of different replies on the same couple of threads.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend, I'm sick with a snotty head cold (not fun at all when the heat index is 100+ at 10:00 a.m.) Forget the CLV and SMC, maybe I should finally break out some WVM........that might help unclog my sniffer :-)
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,978
Registered: ‎12-27-2010

Re: I am so glad Wen was Numero Uno under Top Tags!


@sonechko wrote:

@butterflygirl69 wrote:

 

 

I had only been posting on the old forum for a few weeks before it switched over, so I wasn't terribly attached to the format.  It was long enough though to realize that this is a step backward!  Not being able to find WEN posts may be a good thing for me, only because my WEN spending has greatly increased due to reading all of the WEN posts!  

 

 

On another note, I wish there was still a Tarte forum because I got a second shipment in an auto delivery and the colors are awful.  I need to whine about it with others who share my disappointment!  Lol.  I'm sure my thread would end up getting lost in the shuffle with the unorganized  format of this board.... Which may be a good thing since nobody likes a whiner (wine =good; whine = not good). Smiley Wink 

 

 


 

Great point you brought up, Butterflygirl!

It is clearly a fact, easy to find for all readers category for WEN is here no more. Great number of lurkers, I am sure is gone with it too.

 

I thought about it - what a "genious" move on behalf of QVC to discrupt a solid and well established community, members of which, for a fact, were "enabling" each other, and new comers also, to buy more Wen from QVC!

 

 

I try to catch myself when I am being a whiner, and understand that most will get used to a new forum format, it's conveniences and inconveniences, and will go on. 

BUT never-the-less, you right again, Butterflygirl - my WEN spending has greatly decreased lately, which maybe a good thing!

 

If I were a "newbie" to Wen Product again, I would of NEVER able to spend this much money, and I mean a LOT of money, if not for the old Wen Forum, were I got all my education, excitement, and enabling to buy more Wen. I got it all from old Wen Forum, where it was so easy to find the latest tips, news, sales, OTOs, TSVs and chats.

 

So, yeah - it is good for me, and not good for QVC sales bottom line  (on my behalf at least)!

 

Yes, I don't want to whine about "inconveniences", I just want to say - QVC sometimes does things I totally do not get!

 

An established product community helps QVC to sell maybe even better than their hosts can!

 

Also, just like it was said earlier on another thread, I think by Bebe, they'd delete some useful Wen education threads, and yet they allow Wen trushing threads, by those who hate or do not use Wen, remain. Nice! But why?


Not sure if this you sonechko, but your post hit home for me...I don't have the same desire to read  about WEN, it is too hard to find things and so many WEN posts everywhere...I will always use my amazing  WEN, but only buy as I am running out, too much work to figure this all out, but thanks also to the lovely ladies who have tried so much to help, (and helped many I am sure...Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,570
Registered: ‎06-13-2012

Re: I am so glad Wen was Numero Uno under Top Tags!


@ClassySassyGal wrote:

Happy Daze it is very confusing to me . I really think it is harder to comminicate  on this format .  Not feeling it is worth the effort .  


 

I agree it is very difficult to follow the train of thought on these posts, especially if someone doesn't quote the post they are referring  to- I KNOW you can't on the ipad or iphone or some just don't know how, and that is fine but still makes it confusing neverthelss.

 

Also, I am not really liking all the various colors people are using and the HUGE FONT some have chosen-this takes up alot of space and then you start having more and more pages with only a few posts per page (a bit of an exaggeration I know but still, lol).

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,729
Registered: ‎12-29-2014

Re: I am so glad Wen was Numero Uno under Top Tags!

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@ClassySassyGal wrote:

Happy Daze it is very confusing to me . I really think it is harder to comminicate  on this format .  Not feeling it is worth the effort .  


 

I agree it is very difficult to follow the train of thought on these posts, especially if someone doesn't quote the post they are referring  to- I KNOW you can't on the ipad or iphone or some just don't know how, and that is fine but still makes it confusing neverthelss.

 

Also, I am not really liking all the various colors people are using and the HUGE FONT some have chosen-this takes up alot of space and then you start having more and more pages with only a few posts per page (a bit of an exaggeration I know but still, lol).


 

 

For me personally, it is much easier to click onto next page than to read small letters - my eyes start hurting a lot after a while! Default font size on this forum posts is very small unfortunately, at least for me it is. I like it, when reading is made easy-breezy and no squinting involved! Smiley Tongue