Honored Contributor

I am rediscovering my Mineral Makeup this Summer!

[ Edited ]

For the last couple of days I have been switching between my Smashbox Halo, and BE BarePro, and I had forgotten how much I like them. They both give me perfect coverage.....I just used the last of my Halo, so will definitely have to re-order that one.

I also have Youngblood and Everyday Minerals still to use....I prefer a powder foundation when it is hot and humid out....Anyone else rediscovering something that they already had but haven't used in a while? 

Honored Contributor

Re: I am rediscovering my Mineral Makeup this Summer!

Yes.  I redicovered SCA's 5 Essentials cream and also her Meltdown cleansers.  I used them for years, they worked for my skin, I liked them. Especially the Meltdown cleasners that smell so luscions but I moved on to other things.  I'd tried this...I tried that.  And then around Christmas, I saw one of Adrienne's shows and I returned to my old favorites.  

Honored Contributor

I rediscover my BE powder foundation every summer. It is perfect for life in the heat and humidity.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I think these types of makeups are wonderful for weather that is hot and sticky and full of humidity!  I am getting my LG B&B out again.  Hadn't used it in awhile and now am having a go at it again!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I have rediscovered Bella Rose mineral powder foundation from SSC, good as ever. 

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I rediscover my BE powder foundation every summer. It is perfect for life in the heat and humidity.

@QVCkitty1   I use the original powder foundation all year. It’s a quick application w/ as much coverage as I need any given day...and yes, it’s a favorite in summer.

Respected Contributor

I have some mineral foundation by Everyday Minerals and I enjoy using that in the summer too. I actually like using it year round but my skin tends to get really dry in the winter so it is harder to use it then. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a ridiculous collection of foundations and tinted moisturizers.  I’ve recently circled back to L’oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream with a little of my old favorite Southern Magnolia Minerals dusted over the top.  Funny how this inexpensive pairing works the best for me. I really like the results and need to continue to reinforce that in my brain so I stop the endless nonsense of foundation shopping.  I just reordered the bb cream from Amazon yesterday and added it to my subscribe & save list, so that’s a start.  

Valued Contributor

I wish I could use make up at all this summer.  I have been cursed with a horrible case of poison ivy that started near my neck, travelled to my right eye and nose and right now is a mess of dry, itchy skin. I have been using vitamin e oil and Derma E Argan oils to help with the dryness.

I enjoy reading all your comments.  I love Bare Minerals, IT and I just recently ordered some Magix tinted moisturizer from Avon.  My go to for a long time was the Magix foundation which they discontinued. Oh how I loved that stuff.

Honored Contributor

I have to hand it to you wearing a powder mineral foundation in the summer.  I can only handle a tinted moisturizer.  Ever since the formula was changed on Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer (oxidized on me), I have turned to No 7 tinted moisturer $13.99.  I am definitely saving a bunch of money and it looks really good on my skin.

kindness is strength