Honored Contributor

Re: I am really dissapointed in what Terry Debrow said >

From his latest photos he needs to go on botched himself. I wouldn't buy anything from them as I doubt they use it if the amount of injections they get. Heather and terry look like twins or I guess I should say triplets if you include Madame. 

if anything, he needs to fix that nose or his.  It looks like it Interfers with eating. 

Honored Contributor

I watch Botched and enjoy it.  Some of the people they have on are just plain weird!  Others, I have compassion for and they really do amazing things for them.

As for what they do personally, to their own faces, etc., they all iive in a whole different world than the majority of us do.  So, what seems excessive and outrageous to us, is probably perfectly normal to them.  

I can't pretend to know or understand what it feels like to be super rich and have t.v. shows and constantly be in the public eye, so I guess if you have the ability and platform to develop products and sell them and make more money, then why not?  As long as you are not causing harm to anyone.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@NiteStar wrote:
I’m not really concerned about who has had plastic surgery and who has not had plastic surgery. I am 66 years so it was very dry skin and I absolutely love their Volumagen serum and face cream. I stock up on both whenever they are on sale because I don’t want to be without it. I have tried countless skin care lines and even some of the other products within this line, but the Volumagen are the only products I swear by.

@NiteStar 

Can you please be more specific? I know sometimes it is hard to describe what skin products actually do for you.

I've never been tempted, but I haven't watched much. (That's because I am happy with what I'm already using.) I've never watched any of the Botched shows. However, if they are using certain ingredients that actually does something.... Doesn't HD use the Volumagen as part of her routine?

Valued Contributor

@sunshine 919  They have a monstrous house. I remember she justified a $12,000 sink in her beauty shop.I can't take them.

Respected Contributor

Terry says a lot of false and misleading things on air.  I once wrote to Evine to tell them to correct him, he was stating the Biotin content in his beauty pills at 1000x what it really is.  He gives misinformation about keto dieting to promote his pills and stuff. It's very annoying since he is an MD and should know better than to spew fake science.  The only thing I buy from is the primo beets because it's excellent and I can't find a product exactly like it elsewhere.  

Respected Contributor

Dr. Terry Dubrow actually showed himself getting facial fillers on his show Botched. It was a quick presentation basically just passing through the show, with Dr. Nasiff watching and kinda laughing. Guess they thought it was entertaining, but I thought it was a dumb move to show that when he swears his products do all the plumping. So yes, he gets fillers, and idk what else. Cant say for sure anything about Heather. I like them both, happy for their beautiful lifestyle and success, and I like the retinol line, but I do switch off.
Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:
Dr. Terry Dubrow actually showed himself getting facial fillers on his show Botched. It was a quick presentation basically just passing through the show, with Dr. Nasiff watching and kinda laughing. Guess they thought it was entertaining, but I thought it was a dumb move to show that when he swears his products do all the plumping. So yes, he gets fillers, and idk what else. Cant say for sure anything about Heather. I like them both, happy for their beautiful lifestyle and success, and I like the retinol line, but I do switch off.

Generally speaking, I don't care for the look of fillers (or for that matter, forehead botox) on a man. Male faces tend to look more handsome when they appear more lean. Filler mimics the look of facial fat, which is a more feminine feature. That's not saying men can't look more feminine and look great if that is their goal. Just that to me, more angular facial features look more classically masculine as opposed to femininely pretty rounded contours.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

@Harpa - The volumagen serum and face cream leaves my skin very soft and more importantly, hydrated. My lines “look” less visible since my skin is hydrated. Out of all the hundreds of products I have used in the past, this line is the only one to accomplish that for me.
Respected Contributor

Thank you Dazlin , that was the point i was trying to make when i started this post . I don't care how much money they have or about their lifestyle. And we all know good skincare is important even if you have procedures , but when i saw him laughing about his fillers and botox and his Dr. Partners botox  ,it was almost like he was clueless that we are smart shoppers , and when we spend our money , i take it very seriously , any body that has ever watched his presentations knows , he out and out says that volumgen and champayne beauty lift will take the place of fillers and face lifts.Now before any one says you have to be gullable to believe  , at least don't laugh at the people that are making you rich.

Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Plastic surgeons seem to make a big distinction between fillers/botox vs surgery. They don't take injections nearly as seriously as they do going under the knife with anesthesia and all that entails.

From what I've seen there's a continuum they recommend from cheapest/least invasive to most expensive/invasive:

Skincare >> Noninvasive Treatments >> Injectables >> Surgery

Conservative surgeons recommend that you go with the least invasive method that still gets you the results you want. And often a combo of less-invasive treatments are used to refine surgical outcomes. If you have dry skin and get a facelift, you'll still need to moisturize, and you still might want to plump up your lips with injections.

So someone who goes under the knife or gets an injection can still honestly sell skincare.

Totally.