Honored Contributor

Re: I am really dissapointed in what Terry Debrow said >

Their wealth doesn't bother me; their choice to have surgery or procedures doesn't bother me; but the few times that I saw them present, I was bothered by their grating personalities and snake-oil presentations.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Why doesn't his friend give him a new nose?

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Why doesn't his friend give him a new nose?

Maybe he's perfectly happy with his nose.   

Esteemed Contributor

No, this couple is not “fabulously wealthy.”  You can search for a list of the most wealthy people in this country.  Surely they are not on it.  From my experience working at an exclusive prep school, the wealthiest people can be the most down to earth.  I am talking about “old money,”. Remember there were no income taxes in our country until the early 1900s.  Huge fortunes were built well before this time.  One lady I had dealings with (say Mrs. Smith) was lovely and down to earth.

Someone asked me “Do you know her maiden name?”  I did not.  When I was told, I almost fell off my chair.  Very, very old money.  Even I knew the name.

Honored Contributor

Plastic surgeons seem to make a big distinction between fillers/botox vs surgery. They don't take injections nearly as seriously as they do going under the knife with anesthesia and all that entails.

From what I've seen there's a continuum they recommend from cheapest/least invasive to most expensive/invasive:

Skincare >> Noninvasive Treatments >> Injectables >> Surgery

Conservative surgeons recommend that you go with the least invasive method that still gets you the results you want. And often a combo of less-invasive treatments are used to refine surgical outcomes. If you have dry skin and get a facelift, you'll still need to moisturize, and you still might want to plump up your lips with injections.

So someone who goes under the knife or gets an injection can still honestly sell skincare.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes some skincare products are necessary for maintaining good skin.  However I agree with the OP

in that Dubrow states his products add "volume".  That's nonsense and not true.  No creams will help with laxity nor will Retinol.  These people are selling you a dream.

I see women spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on peter Thomas Roth, etc on skin products.

over a year this can add up to a few thousand dollars.

You can smear it on all you want but at the end of the day you still have laxity.  Facial bone loss

and laxity are the culprits of an aging face.  (I'm not discussing wrinkles here now)

IMO I would put my money on getting a few vials

of filler twice a year instead of all these expensive over hyped up beauty products.  Then a retinol like

Paula's choice for $58.00 which lasts forever,

an exfoliant once a week and moisturizer.  

The results are natural and beautiful.  Probably like

Mrs. Dubrow LOL. Smiley Wink

PS.  just find yourself a good dermatologist who has a good reputation for giving fillers.

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

Dr Nassif recently married a woman 30 years his junior, guess he felt he needed that facelift he got to hold onto his Trophy Wife. . 

Trusted Contributor

I’m not really concerned about who has had plastic surgery and who has not had plastic surgery. I am 66 years so it was very dry skin and I absolutely love their Volumagen serum and face cream. I stock up on both whenever they are on sale because I don’t want to be without it. I have tried countless skin care lines and even some of the other products within this line, but the Volumagen are the only products I swear by.
Trusted Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Just because someone gets fillers or has procedures done does not mean maintenance products are not needed and that their products are not good.  I have found some of Consult Beaute's products to be excellent.  Their are many, like me, who do not want filllers or procedures and great products can and do make a huge difference.   

Thank you!  People still need skincare even if you've had "work" done!  I do Botox but you still need to take of your skin!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sonechko wrote:

I think, Dr. Dubrow line is a good one. Well, among those I've tried it does stand out, and I personally know people who completely swithched from their trusted skincare to using Dubrow's, because of the results they are getting from it. I did not switch, but liked their line.

I've tried two items from their line a cleanser and body cream. I wasn't happy with either of them. Can you suggest something from their line  you love? Thanks.