Honored Contributor

Re: I am really dissapointed in what Terry Debrow said >

I enjoyed Dr. Dubrow and Dr. Nassif on Botched.  They always seemed to care sincerely about their patients.  I haven't watched either one of them on the Q or other shopping channels.

I agree that although people have work done on their faces, they still have to maintain their skin.

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

He was talking about getting too much filler and also Botox for their book tour and laughing about it with his show \Dr partner. What the heck , how can we believe any thing he says now ? He goes on and on about he wants to keep us away from surgery and his skincare can add volume to the look of our face .It really makes many of us that buy his products look like fools. Did he even think how that sounded ? For some reason this really bothered me. I know everyone is going to say look at Dimitri and Dr Denese . Anyone interested google it.

@MW in Iowa   It's an accurate, though stupid, comment. Surgeons can't make a living doing fillers/Botox. They'd rather do surgery...facelifts, breast enhancement, eyes, noses, etc. Also, at a certain point, fillers and Botox will not achieve the desired effect the patient wants. If skin is quite lax, surgery is the only recourse. 

Super Contributor

I don't know what is going on with ShopHQ, but ever since their last name change they are showing nothing of any interest.  

They should rename the chanel, "The Consult Beauty Channel" since it is always on.

The Dubrow's appeared to be fabulously wealthy even back when she was on the Housewives and before he was on "Botched."  Did you see that house they designed and built.  It rivaled Buckingham Palace.  Then they sold that and built another one and that is where they do the show from now sometimes.  

You would think the Plastic Surgery practice and "Botched" income would be sufficient, but some people are greedy and never get enough.  A Heather Dubrow fashion line.  Girl, Bye.

I wouldn't give the Dubrow's 10 cent of my money for anything.

Esteemed Contributor

I have never watched this couple on tv, except for a few presentations on the other network.  All the usual lotions and potions, and then all the nutritional types of supplements.  Now her own clothing line?  I have never been enticed to buy any of their products.  Maybe a home furnishings line is in the works?

Honored Contributor

@LolaMontez wrote:

I don't know what is going on with ShopHQ, but ever since their last name change they are showing nothing of any interest.  

They should rename the chanel, "The Consult Beauty Channel" since it is always on.

The Dubrow's appeared to be fabulously wealthy even back when she was on the Housewives and before he was on "Botched."  Did you see that house they designed and built.  It rivaled Buckingham Palace.  Then they sold that and built another one and that is where they do the show from now sometimes.  

You would think the Plastic Surgery practice and "Botched" income would be sufficient, but some people are greedy and never get enough.  A Heather Dubrow fashion line.  Girl, Bye.

I wouldn't give the Dubrow's 10 cent of my money for anything.

@LolaMontez   For some reason, you sound more upset about their wealth than their frequent appearances. I assume, don't watch that channel, they're on as often as IT cosmetics, Dooney, Clark's shoes...whatever makes money for the channel. 

Honored Contributor

I periodically watch when they are on (which seems to be just about everyday when you include the recorded programs) and I have heard him say he wants to keep you from having surgery.  I've never heard him say he wants to keep you away from fillers and botox, although maybe he has and I missed it.

I do know both he and Heather goes on and on about her skin and how she's never had botox, fillers, injections, etc. and that her skin is due to his products.  I have my doubts about this as well.

I have tried 3 of the Consult products.  2 I used to the end. The third broke my skin out so I tossed it.  The 2 products were okay but did nothing for my skin in terms of firming, lifting, brightening, evening the tone, diminishing dark circles.  Many of his products have added fragrance in them as well.        

Honored Contributor

both those people make me gag---will not pad their bank accounts and never watch them no matter where they land on TV---more money than sense----and doesn't sound like they have much intregrity either----

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I enjoyed Dr. Dubrow and Dr. Nassif on Botched.  They always seemed to care sincerely about their patients.  I haven't watched either one of them on the Q or other shopping channels.

I agree that although people have work done on their faces, they still have to maintain their skin.

I would not get too upset hearing them talk about a little needle and botox. They do have all the access and the money, and all the know-how.  They can afford to look as beautiful as possible!

Dubrows certainly do not look 'overly done', more close to 'natural'. They have brains and the means not to do too much at one time.

Unlike some skincare sellers we know, whose faces look ridiculously obvious - overdone!

Maybe it's because they getting way too much cosmetic 'work' too soon, in hope to receive the most for their money and 'down time'. 

Still, any and all cosmetic procedures (from a little needle to a full face lift), could not eliminate a need for daily skin maintanance with facial products. I think, we all know that!

But those of us who chose not to go this way, can and will still benefit greatly from using only a great skincare routine and nothing else!

I think, Dr. Dubrow line is a good one. Well, among those I've tried it does stand out, and I personally know people who completely swithched from their trusted skincare to using Dubrow's, because of the results they are getting from it. I did not switch, but liked their line.

Respected Contributor

I don't have a problem with vendors having procedures ,  i have a problem with his two faced presentations , he is directly saying his volumagen products take the place of procedures , and he has said it multiple times. Heather has said many times she has not any fillers or procedures , i hope she is telling the truth.

Esteemed Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I don't have a problem with vendors having procedures ,  i have a problem with his two faced presentations , he is directly saying his volumagen products take the place of procedures , and he has said it multiple times. Heather has said many times she has not any fillers or procedures , i hope she is telling the truth.

I hear you @MW in Iowa !

I do not know about Heather Dubrow, if she'd had procedures or not, but I personally can testify that my skincare routine alone keeps me away from doing or even wanting any procedures! 

I can't say I am absolutely 'perfect', but my skin tone, clarity, and face shape fully satisfies me now as I look at myself in the mirror.

About 15-18 years ago it was a different story - I really wanted to do something about my face. Not anymore.

It's not that I just got 'wiser' or more at peace with myself now, it's because I look considerably better with a regular skincare routine that works for me. 

This is why, ONLY from my own personal perspective, I think that Dubrows saying what they believe their skincare may help avoid needles and botox with diligent use, and it may be true to a great degree.

Yes, Skincare alone MAY help to maybe avoid cosmetic surgeons, as skin may improve greatly with right products. And THIS is what they saying the way I personally hear them speak about their line. 

But honestly, if I had a very inexpensive and reliable access to a tiny-tiny improvement here or there, Ilke Dubrows have, I could of gone for it, in addition to my regular routine. Why not? Woman Happy