Respected Contributor

Re: I am really dissapointed in what Terry Debrow said >

Ladies, ladies- fillers and BoTox are both temporary procedures that wear off quickly- Good skin is so important, even a facelift, fillers and Botox will not reduce your pore size, hyperpigentation or the radiance of your complexion...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pink123 wrote:

Yes some skincare products are necessary for maintaining good skin.  However I agree with the OP

in that Dubrow states his products add "volume".  That's nonsense and not true.  No creams will help with laxity nor will Retinol.  These people are selling you a dream.

I see women spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on peter Thomas Roth, etc on skin products.

over a year this can add up to a few thousand dollars.

You can smear it on all you want but at the end of the day you still have laxity.  Facial bone loss

and laxity are the culprits of an aging face.  (I'm not discussing wrinkles here now)

IMO I would put my money on getting a few vials

of filler twice a year instead of all these expensive over hyped up beauty products.  Then a retinol like

Paula's choice for $58.00 which lasts forever,

an exfoliant once a week and moisturizer.  

The results are natural and beautiful.  Probably like

Mrs. Dubrow LOL. Smiley Wink

PS.  just find yourself a good dermatologist who has a good reputation for giving fillers.

Spoiler

@Pink123   Fillers will fill in deeper wrinkles, but do nothing for lax skin that has lost volume and is sagging. That's a surgical procedure. Retin A does help to prevent wrinkles, sagging and laxity. It works beneath the skin to promote cell turn over & increases production of collagen, elastin & hyaluronic acid, a natural moisturizer in the skin. Therefore the skin appears tighter or firmer. There must be a good reason it's recommended by dermatologists as a sure fire skincare addition for anti-aging. 

Honored Contributor

According to the American Academy of Dermatology, a retinoid product may provide small, subtle difference in terms of sagging skin. I doubt that anyone who is very troubled by their sag would see much difference.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@Pink123 wrote:

Yes some skincare products are necessary for maintaining good skin.  However I agree with the OP

in that Dubrow states his products add "volume".  That's nonsense and not true.  No creams will help with laxity nor will Retinol.  These people are selling you a dream.

I see women spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on peter Thomas Roth, etc on skin products.

over a year this can add up to a few thousand dollars.

You can smear it on all you want but at the end of the day you still have laxity.  Facial bone loss

and laxity are the culprits of an aging face.  (I'm not discussing wrinkles here now)

IMO I would put my money on getting a few vials

of filler twice a year instead of all these expensive over hyped up beauty products.  Then a retinol like

Paula's choice for $58.00 which lasts forever,

an exfoliant once a week and moisturizer.  

The results are natural and beautiful.  Probably like

Mrs. Dubrow LOL. Smiley Wink

PS.  just find yourself a good dermatologist who has a good reputation for giving fillers.

Spoiler

@Pink123   Fillers will fill in deeper wrinkles, but do nothing for lax skin that has lost volume and is sagging. That's a surgical procedure. Retin A does help to prevent wrinkles, sagging and laxity. It works beneath the skin to promote cell turn over & increases production of collagen, elastin & hyaluronic acid, a natural moisturizer in the skin. Therefore the skin appears tighter or firmer. There must be a good reason it's recommended by dermatologists as a sure fire skincare addition for anti-aging. 

@Shanus  My friends do not have wrinkles.  We all get laxity and bone loss after 40's and retinol can only do so much. Which isn't much....

Fillers like restalyne and juvederm do bring back fullness to sagging lax skin which brings a  plumper more youthful appearance.  They also redefine laxity in the jawline today. Did you know that?  It's amazing and results very impressive!  I don't give advice unless I have experience on what I'm talking about here.

PS.  They are working on fillers that will last 5 years now too!

Honored Contributor

His products have far too many fragrances in them.  I do not buy them due to that.  The reviews are not good either. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

I think, Dr. Dubrow line is a good one. Well, among those I've tried it does stand out, and I personally know people who completely swithched from their trusted skincare to using Dubrow's, because of the results they are getting from it. I did not switch, but liked their line.

I've tried two items from their line a cleanser and body cream. I wasn't happy with either of them. Can you suggest something from their line  you love? Thanks. 

I liked their Consult Beaute Xterna-Q Topical Co-Enzyme Q10 Universal Anti Aging Serum, Volumagen products, and Caviar Cleanser. Probably also Copperum 29 Rejuvenating Eye & Lash Treatment.

I tried other CB products, but these seem to stand out for me more than others.

But honestly @BdBettyB , it is very hard for me to really tell, because to know how products work one has to give it some time - like a few months or so. But I never could do this - I have my favorite skincare, I would not give up using. I only added CB here and there, that's all.

I have a friend though, who switched and she absolutely loves CB because it works great for her. 

Trusted Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@BdBettyB wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

I think, Dr. Dubrow line is a good one. Well, among those I've tried it does stand out, and I personally know people who completely swithched from their trusted skincare to using Dubrow's, because of the results they are getting from it. I did not switch, but liked their line.

I've tried two items from their line a cleanser and body cream. I wasn't happy with either of them. Can you suggest something from their line  you love? Thanks. 

I liked their Consult Beaute Xterna-Q Topical Co-Enzyme Q10 Universal Anti Aging Serum, Volumagen products, and Caviar Cleanser. Probably also Copperum 29 Rejuvenating Eye & Lash Treatment.

I tried other CB products, but these seem to stand out for me more than others.

But honestly @BdBettyB , it is very hard for me to really tell, because to know how products work one has to give it some time - like a few months or so. But I never could do this - I have my favorite skincare, I would not give up using. I only added CB here and there, that's all.

I have a friend though, who switched and she absolutely loves CB because it works great for her. 

Thank you. I'll take another look at CB. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

Ladies, ladies- fillers and BoTox are both temporary procedures that wear off quickly- Good skin is so important, even a facelift, fillers and Botox will not reduce your pore size, hyperpigentation or the radiance of your complexion...

^^^ THIS!!!  @Mothertrucker  said it!

Good skin is what's really important. And good skincare can give us a healthy, thus a good looking skin. This is what this is all about, well for me at least.

I want my skin as HEALTHY as I can get it at any age. My skincare helps me to achieve this, but I doubt very much, using Botox of doing a facelift would add much to my skin's health.