Super Contributor

Re: I am loving Dr Gross's Two Part Peel Pads!!!!!!!

I've heard a lot of good things about these pads. Could someone save me the research and just briefly mention what they do? What kind of acid? Leave on or rinse off?

TIA Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Step 1: Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Malic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Genistein, Chamomile Extract, Green Tea Step 2: Green Tea Extract, Phospholipids, Sodium Bicarbonate, Vitamins A, C, E Irish, they are a two step peel. You swipe the first pad on until it's dry, wait a few minutes, and then swipe on the second step pad until it's dry. Just leave it on! Wait a few minutes before applying other skincare. I often do it at night, then wait quite a while and apply my oils. It really helps with the radiance, texture, and clarity. I'm sure it helps with wrinkles over time, but I don't presently have issues with that (I'm in my early 30's, so I'd hope not!!) HTH!!
Honored Contributor

On 6/22/2014 Irishrose136 said:

I've heard a lot of good things about these pads. Could someone save me the research and just briefly mention what they do? What kind of acid? Leave on or rinse off?

TIA Smiley Happy

Alpha and beta hydroxy acids. Leave on anti-aging peels that he uses in his practice. Two options-one is extra strength. Sold on Q along with other items from his line.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

On 6/22/2014 Chi-town girl said:

TIA Smiley Happy

Alpha and beta hydroxy acids. Leave on anti-aging peels that he uses in his practice. Two options-one is extra strength. Sold on Q along with other items from his line.

Thanks, Chi-town girl!!! Smiley Happy

May I ask: Do you use the extra strength? I seem to tolerate the PC BHA's well. Sometimes it's good to shake things up.

Honored Contributor

TIA Smiley Happy

Thanks, Chi-town girl!!! Smiley Happy

May I ask: Do you use the extra strength? I seem to tolerate the PC BHA's well. Sometimes it's good to shake things up.

Yes, I have the extra strength. They won't sell anything too harsh without a prescription, and per the product descriptions, the extra strength has additional anti aging ingredients. The only thing I need to figure out is best routine/frequency. The directions say to use daily. I'm using every other day to start. Glad to hear such positive reviews!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

How do you use these if also using Retin-A?

Trusted Contributor

On 6/23/2014 dakotacheryl said:

How do you use these if also using Retin-A?

I began using Dr. Gross's peel pads over 7 years ago and have always used them in the AM after cleansing. Back then, Dr. Gross recommended them for AM.

I just found this info in his FAQ section on the Alpha Beta Peel web site (http://www.alphabetaskincare.com)

4. Can the Alpha Beta® Peel be used in conjunction with Retin-A®, Renova®, Differin®, Avita™ or Accutane®?
Yes. However, if you wish to exercise extreme caution, you should stop using prescription retinoic acid products for two nights prior to the initial application of the Alpha Beta® Peel (there is a small chance the combination could be irritating to certain skin). Once you have used Alpha Beta® Peel for a day or two without irritation, it is safe to resume a normal schedule of Retin-A® or other retinoic products. If dryness or irritation occurs, try alternating the use of your products.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Frequent Contributor

On 6/22/2014 JMFINLEY001 said:

Hi,

I am only using every other night. I wanted to see howmy skin reacted first and I probably won't when I buy the fullsize either, because they are very expensive,so I will continue with every other night!!!!1I hope you love them Chi-town girl!

Thanks. I wonder if they want you to use daily just to buy more. I like the idea of every other day. Please keep us posted on your experience, and I will let you know mine!

I heard Dr. Gross say you can use them every other night and that is just as beneficial.