Respected Contributor

I am having a lip gloss meltdown

I have a favorite Laura Geller lip gloss and I usually buy several when there is some kind of sale on her website.  Well last few times I checked it was sold out, it's basically always sold out.  Nobody else on earth has it either. I'm starting to worry it's being discontinued!  I am freaking out as this is a staple in my life and I cannot imagine living without it!  I wonder what's the best way to find a clone of it.  It's the color luster lip gloss in sugar cane.  I emailed her company, but I don't really expect a response.  A lot of these website don't answer your inquiries.  

Regular Contributor

Re: I am having a lip gloss meltdown

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I have a favorite Laura Geller lip gloss and I usually buy several when there is some kind of sale on her website.  Well last few times I checked it was sold out, it's basically always sold out.  Nobody else on earth has it either. I'm starting to worry it's being discontinued!  I am freaking out as this is a staple in my life and I cannot imagine living without it!  I wonder what's the best way to find a clone of it.  It's the color luster lip gloss in sugar cane.  I emailed her company, but I don't really expect a response.  A lot of these website don't answer your inquiries.  

@Grouchomarx 

I have a favorite Bare Minerals Lip Gloss that is discontinued and I have bought several SEALED ones from Ebay. I put Bare Minerals lip gloss in the search line and also put the name of the lip gloss. Hope you can find it somewhere!

Regular Contributor

@Grouchomarx 

There are several for sale on Ebay right now. HTH

Respected Contributor

Is it safe to buy cosmetics from EBay?  I never really bought much of anything from there. Only a pair of glasses in a desperate situation. 

Respected Contributor

Does anybody remember Cherries in the Glow lip gloss? I melted down when they discontinued it many moons ago!
Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Is it safe to buy cosmetics from EBay?  I never really bought much of anything from there. Only a pair of glasses in a desperate situation. 

No guarantees in life, obviously. But eBay does have a fairly robust reputation system. Choose a Top Rated or Top Rated Plus seller with lots of transactions. And the positive feedback score should be at least 99%. Maaaaaybe 98% but no lower. And only get NIB (New in box) or new sealed items.

I've bought skincare and cosmetics from eBay have been happy with my purchases. I always check out the seller first. And I look at other items they are selling to get an idea of what their specialty is and how careful they are with their photos and details. You would want to get makeup from a seller who sells lots of other makeup and or skincare. Not someone who is trying to sell one lipgloss plus a bunch of tank tops and figurines...

Make sure you leave feedback after any purchase too. It helps the whole ecosystem. And if you did wind up with something funky, eBay would refund you.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@laj3169 wrote:

@Grouchomarx 

There are several for sale on Ebay right now. HTH

Thank you I ordered 4 of them.  My meltdown can stop now!  Price was very good too.  

Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx I have that lipgloss. It is a beautiful color (nude) and a really nice feeling (not sticky) lipgloss.

Respected Contributor

Well someone from Laura’s team was kind enough to answer my email and confirmed my suspicion it has been discontinued. Boo hoo! 

Honored Contributor

I certainly know how you feel.  Hope you find it.

My last search was OPI nail polish.  At least I had time to regroup! Sheeeesh!!!