Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Waiting for my neighbor so I can give her my apt. key so she can feed Ava.  I have a strong feeling I will be admitted.  I have to walk like a snail otherwise I am out of breath and to top it off my ankles are very swollen.  Tell whoever is young and thinking of smoking not to do it.  

Take care.  Wishing you better health and hope you feel better soon.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 , glad your going and you'll get help.  Speedy recovery and good care to you!!

Honored Contributor

Please let us know how you are.

Sending prayers for best favorable outcome.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I hope you feel better soon.

I see several young men that smoke around our office building.  It just bothers me so....... I want to shake them and ask what the heck they are doing.  

@Puppy Lips 

They are addicts.   Granted, nicotine addiction and smoking are one of the more "socially acceptable" addictions, but not everyone is capable of stopping.  Plus, for some cultures, smoking is a very important and common practice while socializing.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I see several young men that smoke around our office building.  It just bothers me so....... I want to shake them and ask what the heck they are doing.  

@Puppy Lips 

They are addicts.   Granted, nicotine addiction and smoking are one of the more "socially acceptable" addictions, but not everyone is capable of stopping.  Plus, for some cultures, smoking is a very important and common practice while socializing.  

@Tinkrbl44 But surely these guys knew it was bad for them.  Why did they start in the first place?  Any why didn't any of their family  members stop them before they got addicted?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Prayers for you @Katcat1 

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 Take very good care.  You are in my prayers.

Honored Contributor

Oh WOW @Katcat1 . I hope all goes well. Sounds like the right decision to go get checked out. I'll be hoping for the best outcome. 💕

Honored Contributor

Re: I am going to the ER

[ Edited ]

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Puppy Lips 

@Tinkrbl44 But surely these guys knew it was bad for them.  Why did they start in the first place?  Any why didn't any of their family  members stop them before they got addicted?

@Puppy Lips 

Since when did teenagers ever listen to family members?  Why would you think that is an effective solution?   Most teens experiment with cigarettes, thinking it makes them adult and cool.   You can't just say stop smoking and think anyone will listen and do as they are told.  Teens love to rebel against their parents and other authority figures.

You have 20/20 hindsight ...  but IMO it's just not realistic.