Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 get well soon and come back to us!

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  He tried everything available. Even one RX med. Nope, couldn't or wouldn't quit.  I quit cold turkey many years ago and never looked back. When i was in nursing school, one of my instructors new I smoked and would assign me end stage COPD patients. That pretty much did it for me.

Honored Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  He tried everything available. Even one RX med. Nope, couldn't or wouldn't quit.  I quit cold turkey many years ago and never looked back. When i was in nursing school, one of my instructors new I smoked and would assign me end stage COPD patients. That pretty much did it for me.

@arrabella 

I cannot remember the circumstances, but I recall someone saying they were in some kind of smoking cessation treatment program and were taken to see an autopsy.  The cadaver was on the table and their lungs cut open so all the observers could see what 30 years of smoking does to lungs.  It was pretty gory ... and very effective.  It probably saved more than a few lives.

Honored Contributor

Re: I am going to the ER

[ Edited ]

The OP posted to let her friend’s know she was going to the ER and was having trouble breathing.  She acknowledge having been a smoker, and stated that she regretted it.

In her place I would have been frightened, in addition to having trouble breathing, and worrying about her kitty, I also think she was alone, although not stated.

Easy enough to start another thread about Smoking Cessation for such convo.  Under the circumstances I honestly feel that multiple (some judgmental) posts about smoking cessation, et al., were not needed, or appropriate.  Just IMPO, obviously others disagree.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1  💗 Praying for your return to good health. Wishing you a promising recovery!

FB_IMG_1650675212845.jpg

Honored Contributor

Darn, I was hoping to see something from

Katcat.  I hope she's getting much needed care.  Have a good day ladies. I'm driving myself to my parents house for the first time in months and months.  Can't wait to see the look on their faces!

Trusted Contributor

Prayers all goes well for you and you feel better soon. 

Valued Contributor

Re: I am going to the ER

[ Edited ]

Like @monicakm   .. each time there's a post to this thread, I click to see what the progress is with @Katcat1  ...

....    and, then, I see more, & more, & yet even more prayers for @Katcat1's recovery...    

.. How wonderful to have so many prayers being sent to,  & behalf of @Katcat1's recovery & promising result!!!    You are loved!! 

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

The OP posted to let her friend’s know she was going to the ER and was having trouble breathing.  She acknowledge having been a smoker, and stated that she regretted it.

In her place I would have been frightened, in addition to having trouble breathing, and worrying about her kitty, I also think she was alone, although not stated.

Easy enough to start another thread about Smoking Cessation for such convo.  Under the circumstances I honestly feel that multiple (some judgmental) posts about smoking cessation, et al., were not needed, or appropriate.  Just IMPO, obviously others disagree.

Well said, I totally agree 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1   I hope you are recovering well and will be a le to return home soon.I am praying for you.