Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I hope you feel better soon.

I see several young men that smoke around our office building.  It just bothers me so....... I want to shake them and ask what the heck they are doing.  

@Puppy Lips 

They are addicts.   Granted, nicotine addiction and smoking are one of the more "socially acceptable" addictions, but not everyone is capable of stopping.  Plus, for some cultures, smoking is a very important and common practice while socializing.  

My husbnd is nicotine addicted. He has tried to stop many times but always fails. The good thing for me is he doesn't smoke in the house!

Trusted Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

Waiting for my neighbor so I can give her my apt. key so she can feed Ava.  I have a strong feeling I will be admitted.  I have to walk like a snail otherwise I am out of breath and to top it off my ankles are very swollen.  Tell whoever is young and thinking of smoking not to do it.  

My heart breaks for you as I know it must've been hard to make that call.  But you did the right thing. 

I think your ankles are swollen and you many have fluid in your lungs and that's what makes breathing so hard. 

So they'll give you something for getting rid of the fluids and your breathing will get better.

You may be admitted and that would be for them to make sure you're doing good with the options they have.

I hope you're home soon enough and the cat probably slept the whole time!Cat Tongue

Those are my thoughts too. The problem with breathing and swollen ankles can lead to congestive heart failure if not treated.  Good that she is going to ER.

Honored Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I see several young men that smoke around our office building.  It just bothers me so....... I want to shake them and ask what the heck they are doing.  

@Puppy Lips 

They are addicts.   Granted, nicotine addiction and smoking are one of the more "socially acceptable" addictions, but not everyone is capable of stopping.  Plus, for some cultures, smoking is a very important and common practice while socializing.  

My husbnd is nicotine addicted. He has tried to stop many times but always fails. The good thing for me is he doesn't smoke in the house!

@arrabella 

A good friend of mine successfully quit using patches and gum for a while to get her through it.  It wasn't easy, but she said they helped her a LOT.  

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1   Just saw this...  hoping for good news and a steady recovery.  Wish we could reach out and help you.  Sending get well hugs.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1   Just saw this post and said a prayer for you. God be with you.

Super Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@arrabella wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Puppy Lips 

@arrabella 

A good friend of mine successfully quit using patches and gum for a while to get her through it.  It wasn't easy, but she said they helped her a LOT.  

This was successful for me also 

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1  Waiting to hear the good news that you're feeling better and cuddling with your Ava. ❤

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I wish we would hear some good news

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1   Thinking of you and hope you are home soon.  Sending thoughts and prayers.  Please update us when you can.  

Trusted Contributor

KatCat,

as you can see, many are praying for you, and are concerned. It was good you knew to get yourself care, being a RN I know your symtoms can be helped with meds, IV's, O2,  to help get some of the fluid released, you're probably feeling better by now., take it easy. I know it's not fun being a patient, we never let patients sleep much....you know the joke- they wake you to give you something to sleep!Cat LOL

Said a prayer as soon as I saw your post. I know you will soon be snuggling with Ava!

BLACK KITTY PRAYING.png

HeartCat Very HappyHeart

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE