Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Would Appreciate Advice On A Moisturizer

@Harpa wrote:

@NicksmomESQ 

Are you sure you are not looking for more in the way of treatment products? Moisturizers just keep those lines hydrated. Even though hydrated skin does look better.

And I am just not sure that one serum does it all.

Back when I was getting superficial lines, I opted for AHAs, gentle of course. Those w/ a low percentage retinol has put any lines at bay.

@Harpa  Do you have any suggestions on any particular AHA products? Thanks.

Regular Contributor

II'm in love with Sunday Riley, I use her C cream during the day and Good Genes at night, easy and great smell. and I look better than I have in a long time. 

Respected Contributor

This is the best I've ever found. I use day and night and it is also a perfect base for mineral makeup.

Related image

Honored Contributor

Fine lines need more than just a moisturizer. For me it's Retin-A , vitamin C serum and occasional AHA cream...treat, protect and exfoliate. If you don't want to go with a Rx Retin-A then at least start using a retinol product. Over time the retinol will help soften lines and sometimes make them go away altogether. Retinol will help slow the aging process down a bit but you have to use it consistently and long term.

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I’m looking to change up my beauty routine.I would appreciate some suggestions on a good serum & or moisturizer for lines etc. I have normal skin.Thanks.

Hi @NicksmomESQ ...I'm currently using Boots No 7 Restore and Renew, both night and day cream spf 30.  Very nice on neck and chest area too.  Please Google it for more information.   I buy only from Walgreens, since they own No.7, and offer buy one ,half off 2nd.  Very reasonable, and nice ingredients including retinol.  I even apply around my area.  I have normal skin, and this line is working well.   At night, I do stick with Shiseido Benefiance eye cream, and additional retinol, but I'm staying with No.7 night cream all over my face, neck, and chest.   Hope you try it, and have good results!

Honored Contributor

Normal skin? You lucky duck!

Some questions: What are you using now and what do you like/dislike about it? Do you have sun damage or sensitive skin? Is sagging an issue? Are you under or over 50? Where on your face are the main wrinkles you want to address?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Normal skin? You lucky duck!

Some questions: What are you using now and what do you like/dislike about it? Do you have sun damage or sensitive skin? Is sagging an issue? Are you under or over 50? Where on your face are the main wrinkles you want to address?

@Porcelain  I’m 63. I have some fine lines on my forehead & a small fine line in the corner of both sides of my lower lip. I’m currently using Confidence in a Cream by It. No sagging.Minimal sun damage.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee   I’m a bit confused .Is glycolic acid considered an AHA. Serious Skin Care sells a whole line of glycolics. Would that be good?

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Porcelain  I’m 63. I have some fine lines on my forehead & a small fine line in the corner of both sides of my lower lip. I’m currently using Confidence in a Cream by It. No sagging.Minimal sun damage.

Okay thanks! That's pretty awesome at 63. You are already doing a lot right. My thoughts:

• Isomers is the best line in my opinion.
  • I use and recommend Isomers Glutathiosome serum and Matrixyl 4 Pur serum and cream. If you use those, you've got your antioxidant (vitamin C and more) covered and your peptides covered.
  • If you want to add a retinol at night, you could try Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM or (what I currently use and recommend) The Ordinary Granactive HPR Retinoid.
  • For hydration, which is still important for normal skin, Isomers has a hyaluronic acid serum, but I use Hada Labo's hyaluronic acid serum instead because it is very high quality and less expensive.

All of that together plus the sunscreen you're already using, may make some headway on fine lines. Hydration is your best bet on minimizing the lines. For expression lines, you could also try a spot treatment serum with Argireline in it.

The main problem I have with the IT Confidence in a Cream is that it has so many ingredients. There are over 100 in there. If you do the math, and consider that as much as 50% of the product is likely water, it's mathematically impossible for there to be much of the active ingredients present in the product.

They all sound really good, but that many all together can't be as effective as a product with half or a third as many ingredients, with the actives close to the top of the list... if you see what I mean. Isomers has actives close to the top of their ingredient lists, which is a big reason why I respect them so much. (To be clear, I do not work for them in any way.)

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@SilleeMee   I’m a bit confused .Is glycolic acid considered an AHA. Serious Skin Care sells a whole line of glycolics. Would that be good?

@NicksmomESQ 

Yes, glycolic acid is an AHA. I'm not familiar with SSC products so I can't comment on that. I use Alpha Skin Care products. You can find an entire line of their AHA products on their website at NeotericCosmetics dot com. Just click ALPHA SKIN CARE on the left side of screen when you get there. There is an 'Introductory Kit' which might interest you.