Esteemed Contributor

I Would Appreciate Advice On A Moisturizer

I’m looking to change up my beauty routine.I would appreciate some suggestions on a good serum & or moisturizer for lines etc. I have normal skin.Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Would Appreciate Advice On A Moisturizer

Sunday Reilly Good Genes serum. I really like this for now. I think my skin gets used to stuff after awhile then I change it up. Good luck in your quest.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@godi  My skin gets to used to products too.That’s why I’m looking for something new.Thanks!!

Frequent Contributor

I keep going back to Dr Denese Dream Cream,  for me its the only product line I have seen results without irritating my sensitive skin.  I just bought 2 more jars I'm sure that makes at least 10.  Really great product.  Lines have disappeared I know people say that is impossible but they have especially around my eyes.

Respected Contributor

My go to right now is Dr. Nassif's Hydro-Screen on HSN. I use it just like Dr. Nassif says, I put my cream on and this serum over it. I think it is the bomb. I used to love Dr. Denese's Hydro Shield but if I were on a desert island and could only have 1 product Dr. Nassif's Hydro Screen Super Hydrating Serum would be it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ  I have been using Vitamin Nectar moisturizer by Fresh.  It has vitamins C, E and B5.  My skin looks great - soft, and it has a healthy glow.  It takes 2 to 3 weeks to really see the results.  Reasonably priced.   They offer a serum and mask too.  Read the reviews too.  Sold at fresh.com or Nordstrom.  For under my tinted moisturizer, I use No 7 Beautiful Skin w/spf15.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ 

Are you sure you are not looking for more in the way of treatment products? Moisturizers just keep those lines hydrated. Even though hydrated skin does look better.

And I am just not sure that one serum does it all.

Back when I was getting superficial lines, I opted for AHAs, gentle of course. Those w/ a low percentage retinol has put any lines at bay.

Esteemed Contributor

CeraVe from the drugstore.  I used it anyway, but WebMD recommends it highly saying that all men and women should use a ceramide to lock in moisture and keep out environmental irritants.  They have mentioned CeraVe by name in their magazine several times.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I’m looking to change up my beauty routine.I would appreciate some suggestions on a good serum & or moisturizer for lines etc. I have normal skin.Thanks.

@NicksmomESQ   I guess you know I’d suggest SkinCeuticals. It’s one of the top rated skincare lines, researched at Duke University. I’ve used it for many years...serum, day and night moisturizers, eye balm and have recently added their exfoliant scrub.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@NicksmomESQ 

Are you sure you are not looking for more in the way of treatment products? Moisturizers just keep those lines hydrated. Even though hydrated skin does look better.

And I am just not sure that one serum does it all.

Back when I was getting superficial lines, I opted for AHAs, gentle of course. Those w/ a low percentage retinol has put any lines at bay.

@Harpa   ITA. If I’m going to spend the time (& money), I want treatment based products. Besides a good Vit. C E serum and Retin A, be sure SPF is increased since many products increase sun sensitivity.