Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I don't wear any makeup at home and now since we have to wear a mask to go out, I no longer wear makeup then either.  I figure -- what's the point?  I get very hot after awhile with the mask on and feel like my face is getting kind of greasy (yuck) and irritated, and it's not a good feeling!  So, I figure adding makeup to the mix would not be a good thing --- at least for me!  

As for having to wear a mask all day long, such as medical personnel --- they have shown on t.v. how the tight fighting masks have really irritated and made sores on some of their faces!  Now, when businesses start reopening and people have to wear the masks for long periods of time, I would think some would have skin issues, particularly if you have more sensitive skin.  

@AngelPuppy1   I think medical personal masks may have a metal type suction area to hold it tighter to the face. That's leaving the bruises. They're also working much longer shifts without breaks than usual. The masks we're wearing are definitely not as industrial. Although not comfortable, because we're not used to wearing them, they're so much lighter, easier to wear than the medical ones.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Yes, I'm sure that's true.  I get hot easily any way and my skin gets irritated over any little thing, so any added thing is an issue for me.  But I gladly wear them to help keep safe!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

I guess there is not need for some make up either with the mask--lipstick is what first comes to mind.

Honored Contributor

I haven't worn makeup with a mask on.  Not going to *test* any makeup to see if it transfers, not worth it.

Don't care about how I look if I have to go out to the grocery store or fill up the car.  Sunscreen only, non tinted.  

I've always worn sunglasses and especially now as I want my eyes protected a little more than they would be without sunglasses.  So no need to do my eyes up, either.  Am finding that my ridiculously large framed Gucci's come in handy now.  I feel like Sophia Loren in them.

Honored Contributor

I do not go out much because I am at risk due to my existing health issues. When I do I apply SPF on face and neck followed by tinted moisturizer. I may stop applying the tinted moisturizer now that I will be wearing a mask. Since the mask doesn’t cover my eyes I will also apply eyeliner, shadow, mascara, and do my brows. Lip balm yes, but no gloss or lipstick.