Respected Contributor

I Wonder How Many Purple Eyeshadows We Will See This Year

Pantone says violet is the color for 2018. Not just for makeup but for everything. I personally love purple shades but not to big on violet. Viiolet tends to be a dark purple color.

Honored Contributor

Re: I Wonder How Many Purple Eyeshadows We Will See This Year

How many?  Too many!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

I really only care for the real dark purples.....violet not so much...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cuddlesmama wrote:

Pantone says violet is the color for 2018. Not just for makeup but for everything. I personally love purple shades but not to big on violet. Viiolet tends to be a dark purple color.

@cuddlesmama

I’m not a fan of “color of the year” suggestions. I’ve always liked the colors I like and look for them. 

I’ve always loved purple and have several shadows in different shades. Violet is a good color for me but, for all my shadows, I use a light touch so the colors are subtle rather than dramatic, bold or intensely bright.

I’ll be interested to to see if there are some new shades that are different than what I already have. I’d like different but definitely don’t need more of the same.

Respected Contributor

Probably a LOT. They were starting to become more prevalent toward the end of last year, and with it being the color of the year, we will see it much more. PLUS, I think lots of ppl are tiring of all of the warm toned palettes, so I predict cooler toned palettes, including purples, are going to make a big comeback in the next couple of years. I LOVED the radiant orchid that was the color of the year a few years ago. Orchid shades are some of my absolute favorite, and are great for adding a punch of color to an outfit or simple MU look. 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@cuddlesmama wrote:

@cuddlesmama

I’m not a fan of “color of the year” suggestions. I’ve always liked the colors I like and look for them. 

I’ve always loved purple and have several shadows in different shades. Violet is a good color for me but, for all my shadows, I use a light touch so the colors are subtle rather than dramatic, bold or intensely bright.

I’ll be interested to to see if there are some new shades that are different than what I already have. I’d like different but definitely don’t need more of the same.

@willdob3. I have green eyes, so purple shadow is usually suggested, but I’m a neutral makeup/clothing Gal...head to toe. I mix my lavender (softer than purple) eyeshadow w/ a touch of light taupe or grey. The result is a neutral shade that still has enough lavender to play up eye color.

Honored Contributor

I've already bought three different shades of smudgeable liners. My eyes are very dark brown and purple shades look good on my eyes. I couldn't be more happier that purple is the color of the year.Heart

Valued Contributor

I will be glad to have some new shades to choose that are in the purple family. I have blue/green eyes and struggle to find the right purples and greens out in the market. I wondered what Pantone would choose this year. Thanks for posting that answer.

Respected Contributor

Some nice purples would be the only color I would consider adding to my eyeshadow collection.  I like purple.  I am not a huge colorful eye wearer but you can mute colors to be more neutral.  I hope we see a nice range that is true to color. 

Honored Contributor

I have plenty of eye liner pencils & shadows from Urban Decay in purple shades — Vice, Psychedelic Sister, Rockstar & Flash for starters.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼