Honored Contributor

Re: I Will Never Step Foot In Ulta Again...EVER!

@Venezia 

No.  I hardly ever shop at Ulta, on line or in the store.  When I was in the store last Monday, the young man that helped me loaded me up with samples Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@monicakm thanks.  Please update me on the highlighter.  I'm currently using iT Hello Light and do like it, but I'm always open for ideas.  I actually do apply the Hello Light on top of my Hourglass setting powder wiith no problem.  Mine is in a tube and I just tap it on.  It was available in both the tube and flat and I'm glad I got the tube.  I can also take a small, flat brush to apply in smaller areas like below the eyebrows.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

But if you don't "experiment" with beauty products, how do you buy anything for the first time?  How do you know what you do and don't like?  I'm a tad confussed.

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 

That's too bad.  I bet the sales associate got an earful later.  Maybe even fired if this wasn't the first time a customer complained.  I've had unpleasant experiences  in Ulta in the past but in the last few years it's gotten a lot better.  More friendly and helpful.  Still prefer Sephora WAY more.

Honored Contributor

@Mellie32 

It was  nothing like that tho.  No code, no email, no choice of freebies.  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Venezia 

No.  I hardly ever shop at Ulta, on line or in the store.  When I was in the store last Monday, the young man that helped me loaded me up with samples Smiley Happy

@monicakm - I bet I know why then - they normally send out emails with birthday bonuses.  They haven't done that this year, so probably have a stack of things to give away!  Maybe I'll go in and buy something to see what happens at my local.  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Mellie32 

It was  nothing like that tho.  No code, no email, no choice of freebies.  

Sometimes you don't need a code, it will just automatically put the gift with purchase in your cart.  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Kachina624 

But if you don't "experiment" with beauty products, how do you buy anything for the first time?  How do you know what you do and don't like?  I'm a tad confussed.

@monicakm    I've been using Alpha Hydroxy Acid since QVC introduced Hydron in the mid 90s.  It has worked so well I've never had any reason to experiment, although I've gone to a stronger but less expensive version.  At my age I should look like an old crone but have practically no wrinkling or lines. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment