Honored Contributor

I Will Never Step Foot In Ulta Again...EVER!

But I WILL order from their website again Smiley Wink  Got an order today for a blush/highlighter palette and it came with 6 generous samples Smiley Happy  Eager to try the Becca No Pigment Foundation.  Must be magic LOL  Sorry for the poor photography/lighting.

Ulta.jpg

Frequent Contributor

Re: I Will Never Step Foot In Ulta Again...EVER!

Great haul!

I see in the background you have a sample of the Tarte Maracuja tinted hydrator. I have been using that for a few months and really like it.  I don't like to have a ton of foundation on, this gives me the coverage I like and does not dry out my skin like every other face product I have tried.  

Honored Contributor

I'm so jealous.  I love makeup and skincare samples.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did you get to choose your samples or are they random?

I don't see the Born This Way Highlighter trio you were going to buy.  Did you change your mind?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm - I placed an order with Ulta a couple of weeks ago.  Got my order, took awhile, but not a single sample of anything.

Are you a platinum member or something?

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'm so jealous.  I love makeup and skincare samples.

@chrystaltree   I dislike experimenting with beauty products and always trash them.  I recently got a bottle, a gift from QVC, of a Dr. Perricone product and I threw it away too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@monicakm  I think the free samples are a temporary thing, to get people to purchase stuff online. I always order online and remember back in the day when you could always pick your pack of samples, hair care, skincare, etc. They normally do not have those anymore. Congrats on your score!

Respected Contributor

I've never stepped foot into an Ulta again but for a different reason: poor customer service.

Came in to buy my nephew a bottle of Polo. I was second in line, with literally cash in hand.The cashier stopped the transaction she was in the middle of to answer the store phone. The caller was unfamiliar with brands carried, prices, and had other questions that the cashier continued to answer. Cashier then finished the waiting transaction, put the phone down and walked away to check something for the caller. 

Not a word said to those of us waiting in line, no excuse me, no I'll be right back, nothing. After several minutes I called out, "Can we get a cashier up here?"  and suddenly the manager appeared and started ringing. When it was my turn I explained to him how disrespected I felt, an actual customer, to be ignored and left standing in line over a phone call from someone who may not make a purchase. I put the Polo on the counter and walked out. Never returned, never looked back. Just crossed the parking lot and went to Macy's.

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I've never stepped foot into an Ulta again but for a different reason: poor customer service.

Came in to buy my nephew a bottle of Polo. I was second in line, with literally cash in hand.The cashier stopped the transaction she was in the middle of to answer the store phone. The caller was unfamiliar with brands carried, prices, and had other questions that the cashier continued to answer. Cashier then finished the waiting transaction, put the phone down and walked away to check something for the caller. 

Not a word said to those of us waiting in line, no excuse me, no I'll be right back, nothing. After several minutes I called out, "Can we get a cashier up here?"  and suddenly the manager appeared and started ringing. When it was my turn I explained to him how disrespected I felt, an actual customer, to be ignored and left standing in line over a phone call from someone who may not make a purchase. I put the Polo on the counter and walked out. Never returned, never looked back. Just crossed the parking lot and went to Macy's.

The clerk who was on the phone was an idiot.  Who in their right mind would walk off like that?? 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What was interesting was the manager attempting to justify the behavior by saying that she has to answer the phone. I said yes, you answer the phone, explain you have a line, and tell the caller she'll have to wait while cashier attempts to have someone handle the call. You don't have actual customers wait longer over someone who hasn't bothered  to come to the store.