Honored Contributor

I Went To The Hair Salon Today

I FINALLY got my hair cut and colored today! The salon I go to is small, it wasn't busy. I got my hair cut a little different than I usually do, it had been 15 weeks so I was really due for both. I am feeling down in the dumps, it was good to be with everyone at the salon, and getting your hair done is a real pick me up.

Honored Contributor

Re: I Went To The Hair Salon Today

Our salons opened a few weeks ago on a Wednesday and that Friday I had my appointment for a much needed cut, color and highlight! My salon is very small. It's always just my hairdresser and me, that's it. I do live in small town America so I feel a bit more calm going out than the hot zones in the south part of my state. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I went last Friday.  I was in constant communication with my "personal care team" during the last few months due to their salon filing bankruptcy on March 15.  They moved to another salon I go to and have been busy in there cleaning, moving furniture around for distancing and buying PPE.

I felt okay enough going for my toes.

I am still on the fence about hair.  I have an appointment in 3 weeks for color only.   I've been using Root Magic and it's just really drying my hair and doesn't last very long.  I feel like it washes out. 

I'm just letting my hair be curly for now and growing it out.  It's too hot and humid to blow dry it anyway, so it's just as well.

The only people who see me are at the grocery store or the grocery delivery.  If I go into the office, I see the front desk guard.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Thankfully I don't color yet but went for a cut, I was dying of heat with the blow dryer and mask, so thankful I only go in every 4 months or so! Couldn't wait to get out of there. HA!

Honored Contributor

I haven't had a trim since February!  I am afraid to go!  It seemed things were getting better and I had almost convinced myself to go.  Now --- cases are on the upswing and I don't know if I can make myself do it???  I'm thinking --- should I just go now -- will things be getting worse -- or what?  I'm on the fence!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

My second appointment since the reopening phase is this Friday morning.  Still the same procedure as in May, wait in car and all wear a mask.  I guess it is the new normal, but at least my hair is no longer in my eyes.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Our salons opened on June 5 and I have been there for hair, mani and pedi. Totally comfortable doing it. It's not a super big salon and everything is spotless but it always was. My feeling is if you someone is not comfortable then don't go. However, let's keep these businesses going. 

Trusted Contributor

I got my hair cut and colored a couple of weeks ago.  I absolutely detest the cut. Smiley Sad  I asked her to angle my bob just the tiniest bit more.  We talked about how tiny - I told her I just want to test the waters there.  In the process she upcut the back and sides so much I cried when I blow dried it the next morning.

Honored Contributor

I had my hair cut on Saturday.  There were only a few people in the salon and I found out that the stylist could use the hair dryer.  She said in a couple of weeks more restrictions would be taken away.  Oh, she could also shampoo my hair.  This is actually the first stylist in recent years that cut my hair the way I asked her too.  I scheduled another appt. for 8 weeks.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I went for my second appointment on Monday evening since the salons around here have re-opened.  I needed my roots done only.  It was only 2 stylists and 2 of us clients there.

I went to the nail salon for my third fill last night since those re-opened. That place is more busy but they are taking precautions.