Honored Contributor

I Used to Use Rosehip Seed Oil...Why Did I Stop? :o

I kept reading that Marula oil was better for your face than RHSO.  Now that I'm using Marula Oil, every time I see a list of "good" oils skin and hair, Marula oil isn't on anyone's list.  Are most oils better than Marula oil?

Super Contributor

Re: I Used to Use Rosehip Seed Oil...Why Did I Stop? :o

Every oil has its own benefits.    What might be great for one person's skin might not work for someone else's.    Also, depending on the time of year, your skin may have different needs in regards to which oil you choose.  If you like how your skin responds to a particular oil, that's what matters.   

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know which is better. I just stick to the ones I like the most: a drop of RHSO and a drop of prickly pear seed oil in my moisturizer.

Not sure what is going on when they tout one oil over another. But like @lavenderfields said, each seems to have their own properties, different compositions of the fatty acids. Translated for us is that some are better than others for our different skin types. (minimalist beauty)

Honored Contributor

Jojoba oil is actually the closest thing to our own natural skin oil. It mimics natural skin oil in many ways plus it is loaded with all kinds of good stuff for the skin. 

Many people don't know this but jojoba oil is not an actual oil but is a liquid wax which has many characteristics in common with ceramides in the skin. In fact jojoba oil has a very high content of phytoceramides.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee, @monicakm 

I like rose hip seed for its vitamins A & C. I think if you need a more moisturizing oil, or if your skin cannot tolerate some of the fatty acids, the jojoba is a better choice. Jojoba = vitamin E.

Minimalist breaks down which skin types are better suited for the different fatty acids...oily skin, dry skin, acneic skin.

Honored Contributor

thank you ladies!  This is what I just found on line.  Sounds great but can't this be said about a lot of other oils?  And again, it's never on anyone's list of beneficial facial oils...

Why it works: This oil is rich in essential fatty acids and contains vitamins E, C, D, and beta carotene. Chock-full of goodness, it helps to protect and hydrate skin, fight free radical damage, and reduce wrinkles.

---------------------------------------

Marula oil is rich in protein and easily absorbed, making it an effective skin and hair treatment.

------------------------------

Marula oil is a relative newcomer to the beauty oil scene. Its light texture and rich moisture content properties have made it a popular treatment for skin, hair, and nails.

Marula oil is used as an ingredient in a wide range of cosmetic products. It can also be purchased as an essential oil. It’s beneficial components include:

• amino acids L-arginine and glutamic acid, which have hydrating, anti-aging properties
  • fatty acids, including palmitic, stearic, oleic, and myristic acids, which have emollient and moisturizing benefits
  • antioxidants, such as phenolic compounds and vitamins E and C, which fight free radicals and may stave off skin damage caused by the ultraviolet rays of the sun and pollution.
  • Because marula oil is lightweight, it absorbs easily. This makes it an effective moisturizer for dry or agingTrusted Source skin. It may be beneficial for smoothing and softening fine lines, preventing stretch marks, and keeping skin hydrated and well-nourished. It’s also an effective lip moisturizer.
Honored Contributor

I use jojoba oil, but mostly in winter.  It's a little heavy for me in our hot, humid summers.  I am, however, using a drop of Bliss Hydration Salvtion Moisturizing Camellia Oil in my morning moisturiser.  Besides camellia oil, it also has jojoba oil (the 1st ingredient), sunflower seed oil, rice bran oil, and bergamot oil.  It's a very lightweight oil though.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Do you use Jojoba Oil?  I realize different oils work better for different people but Marula Oil is not on any list I see of the top 5 or even the top 10 facial oils.  

Honored Contributor

@Harpa 

Would you mind posting the website please?  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Where do you buy yours?  My WM doesn't carry it and neither does Sephora.  Wait, Bliss has a store front on Amazon and I just bought it there for $14.71  Thank you!