Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Used to Have my Hair Like This

@DiAnne , I will surely regret this but hey, who cares.  My hair stylist would faint if she could read this😂.  LM

PS, I will buy new scissors...

Honored Contributor

About two months ago I got the worst haircut I've ever been given and that includes one in my 40's where they 'shaved' the back up my head nearly 3" without asking!!  This cut was supposed to be what they call an A line and I've had it on and off for years.... new stylist who kept bragging how good and fast she was.  Well, I decided to keep it growing out until about now, thinking I could get a cut back to my standard bob about now.  Nope.... no one's doing haircuts (or anything) right now, so I'm quickly starting to look like a bag woman.  At least I have a couple of boxes of hair dye in the closet!  Jeeze this is fun!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Sounds like a few warm rollers might be needed to revitalize some hairstyles. 

Trusted Contributor

I got lucky. Before the virus, I was growing my layers out and got a shoulder-length straight bob. I am so glad I did because it should grow out better than the layers that I had for the last 40 years. My hair is highlighted so I will just have to go ombre for a while! 

I bought the Tweak'ed Gogi berry TSV and my hair is so silky and shiny it looks like a satin shirt! I highly recommend it. I used to use Deva Curl and I was losing a lot of hair now my hair is growing back and it feels healthy. I haven't blow-dried it and I stopped using any products; it has made such a difference. It is so healthy and soft as a baby's butt.

My husband is starting to look crazy. He needed a haircut before salons in Maryland were closed. By the end of this, he will look like Albert Einstein!

Esteemed Contributor

Like  @itsmagic and @DiAnne, I have short fluff-n-go hair that usually gets trimmed every 4 weeks.  I've been cutting on the bangs to keep hair out of my eyes, but it looks horrid.  My hubby has very thick, straight hair and he's also been cutting on his hair.   We're quite a pair!  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

kayla from days. love her!

Regular Contributor

I keep my very curly hair quite short.  Unfortunately, my last appointment was scheduled for this past Saturday and, of course, the salon is closed.  My hair has a lot of wiry body and tends to defy the laws of gravity by growing horizontally at the sides and veritcally at the crown.  When I first moved here, about 3 years ago, it took me a good 6 months to find someone to cut my hair, so I know how I'm going to look.  Fortunately, I don't color my hair so that won't be an issue.  Anyway, I'm not complaining just anticipating an interesting look!

Honored Contributor

I had the dorothy hamil wedge cut for awhile that needed 6 week trims--looked good on me and I was able to fix it to look like it should---now my hair looks like I stuck my finger in a light socket----actually wish it looked that goodWoman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

I got a couple of inches in length cut off in early March before everything shut down. My hair is basically one length & just past my shoulders so if it grows out some it's no big deal.

My DH will look shaggy in a few weeks. His hair grows super fast and has a wavy texture. He likes to keep it short. 

Honored Contributor

My haircut appt was rescheduled to a new stylist because the first one I had left the salon.  Then I received a call to reschedule to early April and I know that will change because we are now in social distancing until April 30.

kindness is strength