Honored Contributor

Re: I Thought I Have Seen Everything!

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@fitfuninformed wrote:

In this world of 'tolerance', 'acceptance', 'equality' and 'not hurting anyone's feelings' (cue to all to hold hands and sing kum-ba-ya), you will continue to see this more and more.  Hopefully, it will only surface in these areas of substandard work environments where the bar is extremely low.

@fitfuninformed, what the what?

I'll never sneer at tolerance, acceptance, or equality -- notice no quote marks from me.

That said -- and this might shock @Katcat1 -- I don't see anything wrong with her OP. I surely don't think that it deserved the "this is why I don't post here often," or words to that effect.

@suzyQ3.  I would never sneer at those words either, but it becoming more commonplace now as those that do are now accepted and I won't say why.

@proudlyfromNJ, Heart

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

In this world of 'tolerance', 'acceptance', 'equality' and 'not hurting anyone's feelings' (cue to all to hold hands and sing kum-ba-ya), you will continue to see this more and more.  Hopefully, it will only surface in these areas of substandard work environments where the bar is extremely low.

I have no idea what you just said!  I guess I'm not that deep!

Respected Contributor

I don't think the OP meant any harm, but, in truth, it always seems that it's Wal Mart or it's shoppers that is posted about the majority of the time. 

I worked for Rich's at one time (now Macy's).  If I had taken pictures of some people shopping the mall, it would make even the most casually dressed Wal Mart shopper look like they had just stepped out of Neiman-Marcus. 

I personally love Wal Mart.  Shop the store at least once a week and on line.  You do see all kinds, but then, I never feel that I have to dress up to go either, so people may be wondering about me Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

i am not a fan of Walmart. Unfortunately, they have managed to run every other grocery store out of business within 45 minutes of where we live. There are now three Walmarts within a six mile radius of our neighborhood.....

Honored Contributor

That seems excessive to have bangs that long lol.

Walmart has put stores out of business in our town and we have no department type stores now so unless we drive to another town, Walmart is it.   Smiley Sad

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Valued Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

i am not a fan of Walmart. Unfortunately, they have managed to run every other grocery store out of business within 45 minutes of where we live. There are now three Walmarts within a six mile radius of our neighborhood.....

Walmart has a practice of lowering their prices to a level the surrounding stores cannot compete with.  Once the stores are out of business they begin to raise prices.  

Walmart could also pay their workers a living wage but fight against it.  Raising the prices of one of the store brand items by a penny could pay for all their associates to earn $13 an hour.  But it's easier to have your workers receive food stamps and housing assistance from the states.  I don't feel superior to the people who shop at Walmart.  It's the only option in many areas.  I dislike the company and their business practices.

Respected Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Katcat1  Sia 033E36A9-27D9-41BD-B8E0-C68B2CBB1B9B.jpeg

Cousin It from the Addams Family!

Honored Contributor

@maestra wrote:

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Katcat1  Sia 033E36A9-27D9-41BD-B8E0-C68B2CBB1B9B.jpeg

Cousin It from the Addams Family!

What a nasty thing to say.  Sia did this in performances and music videos for the same reason Lady Gaga disguised herself in public for years -- so they could live normal lives because people didn't know what their faces looked like.  I respect that so much.

Lady Gaga stopped and Sia has stopped too.  But I think they were very clever to do that.  They walked about as "regular" people rather than superstars and could go anywhere they felt like without havig to worry about being mobbed.  It shows they have character and are grounded.

Honored Contributor

I agree with th OP. Would not want to conduct business with someone who has hair like Cousin Itt. Perhaps the mods need to 'close for commenting'.

Honored Contributor

Cousin "it"