Honored Contributor

Re: I Thought I Have Seen Everything!

@butterfly123   That's the singer.  However, you could see some of the woman's face at Walmart.  Too funny.  lol

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I don't care how the people look as long as I get what I went there for at low prices, heck, just look at the freaks as an extra bonus, a side show, have a snack and enjoy the entertainment

Respected Contributor

I know when my acne got really bad when I was younger, I covered my face with my hair. Personally, I wouldn't be so harsh. One never knows what another person is going through. I'm acne free now and people wouldn't imagine I went through that.

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

My Walmart has some strange sights too.I am not saying anything against Walmart but some of the shoppers do make you think WTH! I won’t describe anything shocking that I have seen to avoid upsetting anyone.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1

Well our WM is a mix of all shapes and styles of people!  I get my nails done in a salon there & I sit facing out into the store.

I agree I sometimes wonder "what we're they thinking or do they own a mirror" some of the outfits I've seen....then again, they could probably be saying the same about ME!

I shop our WM often and know the manager (she is my neighbor) help is hard to find so I don't think "appearance is as important as having a body to work!".   She told me for every 10 people they hire within 10 days they don't come to work, fail random drug test, or have a personal issue.  I guess they need workers (which is scarce) and those who come to work they are glad no matter how they look!"

I always meet nice & helpful people when shopping there!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

One employee with an unusual choice of hairstyle does not make an entire Walmart.  I see stranger multiple things at the mall.

Honored Contributor

@NycVixen: Same! I wore a Veronica Lake style and made the hair cover whichever side had the worst breakout on it. I always had several horrible looking, scabbed (eek!) pimples going at a time. It was easier to do my painstaking makeup job knowing I only had to make one side look "good enough" to be seen in bright light. I sacrificed being able to see out of one eye for the day just to feel like I looked okay enough to go out of the house. It was awful. And I knew that nobody understood where I was coming from either. We all just do the best we can.

To the OP, I totally understand why you would find it jarring to see a style like the one you describe. At the same time, the worker was probably just trying to feel better about something about her face so she could go and make her daily wage. Could be a birthmark, a breakout, a deformity, an imaginary problem, anything.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

Posts like this are exactly why I stopped posting on these forums, due to posters thinking they are better than everyone else and love putting others down. If you don't like WM, then don't shop there.

@catwhisperer  I agree.  It’s the same reason I don’t post a lot here anymore.   

Honored Contributor

Twin Sister style is shall we say, eclectic and definitely unusual, and sometimes people stare when they see her, Doesn't bother her in the least. Fact is...

Real estate investor, She has amassed great wealth, but again lives modestly. Proud of her generosity and her social conscious in helping others. Not only paying forward to the less than fortunate, her philosophy of lifestyle. 

You can't judge a book by its cover. Yet one need not go to Walmart to see hurtful comments, Daily here see criticism of hosts hair, outfits, and so on. 

Honored Contributor

Anyone that saw this woman had to think something.  I thought it was funny that she would wear her hair like that.  I did not call her any names, yet some of the replies in this thread start putting words in my mouth.  Also, if you are so offended with this thread then you don't need to be in it.  Obviously, you want to get your two cents in and indicating that you are above all this when you are not.

kindness is strength