Honored Contributor

Re: I Think This is What They Mean By

@Shanus 

I think I speak for all those over a certain age.

Well I'm sure you don't speak for ALL over a certain age but aren't I lucky I'm not at that "certain" age Smiley Happy

I don't know if I'll buy it.  Probably not only because I have 50+ e/s palettes and unless I find something extraordinary (this is not), I'm out of the e/s buying business.  I could make those colors work especially since I wear longer/false lashes.  If I had to depend on my own natural lashes, my e/s choices would be limited.  If you know, you know.  I think the last palette I bought was the Sigma Mod palette

mod.jpg

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped 

but obviously, you have to use a light hand with them.

Thanks for your voice of reason and open mind.  As for coloring, I'm dead center neutral.  I never considered that as a reason why I seemed to be able to wear warm and cool colors till I started studying and researching makeup in 2020.

Honored Contributor

Good heavens, no.  Too bright and colorful for me.  

Honored Contributor

@lkat 

We are like-minded ladies Smiley Happy  Mel would be proud of us, bless her beautiful soul.

I've been in two all day professional settings Weds and Thurs and wore e/s colors accordingly.  I had to be an adult for two consecutive days! LOL

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:
It looks like the palette my 8 year old granddaughter and I looked at this past Saturday at Claire's in the mall. She loved it but I could not see wearing it even if the colors are pretty.
Yes! You're right. Looks like my 9 year old niece's play makeup.

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 

Like my op said, I think this is what they mean by liking the colors for the color-story and not for wearability as an eyeshadow.

Honored Contributor

@lgfan 

Were those "many years ago" in the 70s?  I wore baby blue e/s in the 70s.  A lot of girls did.

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn

I'm positive I could make many of those colors work for me.  A lot of it has to do with wearing false lashes and long choppy bangs.  I don't believe I'm as adventurous as many here think I am.  But, I'm also not "of a certain age" (g)

Honored Contributor

Thanks to all of you ladies "over a certain age".  It was just the push I needed.  And I even paid shipping (g)

Clipboard01.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Oh isn't she just lovely!  I need to find some little blue bobbles to go in my hair like she has... of course I am reacting to absurdity with absurdity.

I like the bobbies...