Valued Contributor

Re: I Think I Lost My Mind....

I have the Dyson Airwrap Styler and love it. Since I have long hair, I recently bought the two new, longer barrel attachments to add to my styler case. I loved my styler before but now with the longer barrels, my drying and styling time has really been reduced. I have used my Dyson Airwrap for over a year and feel it is worth every penny. I also have a Dyson fan and vacuum, no regrets with either purchase. Since the Dyson vacuum is one of the original models (18 years old) I bought the Shark Apex with the lift off canister. I regret buying the shark and still reach for our Dyson.  If I was in the market for a straightener, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Dyson. 

Honored Contributor

@Venezia 

I'm right there with you when it comes to Shark products!  I bought a Shark Duo Clean, Lift-a-Way about 4 years ago.  Best appliance purchase EVER!  No,  I lied.  KitchenAid dishwasher holds that title but the Shark is right up there!  Just last month I bought one of their cordless upright vacs.  It might sound silly, but not having to bend over to plug/unplug and the convenience and freedom to take it anywhere and not worry about an outlet is sweet!  

Shark Navigator® Cordless Upright Vacuum | Vacuum Cleaners for Sale

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Did you buy it??? Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

..........or someone lost my mind for me!!!

One of the bloggers I kind of follow was demoing the newer Dyson straightener.  She spoke about how it would curl.

The Kicker?  $499.00!!!

Color me my hair "curled from the price"!  Permanent beach waves!

No doubt "blogger" got hers free!!!

@monicakm 

No, I didn't buy it.  I have a collection of curling irons. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG they have been selling these hair styling products for years.  I bought mine a few years ago from sephora when they first came out and really like it.  I saw them first on QVC but they sold out before I could buy.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG - Glad my hair curls and waves all on its own, lol.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@ECBG 

Did you buy it??? Smiley Surprised

@monicakm 

No thank you!  I am, still in shock!

Valued Contributor

I wouldn't spend that much on a hair straightener, but can understand why someone will. I paid a small fortune for a hair dryer and would do so again. 

I have had my Dyson vacuum cleaner for maybe 15 years and it still works great. I wouldn't hesitate to replace it with another. 

Respected Contributor

Maybe in 2010 or 2011 I bought a T3 dryer from the Q.  I want to say it was $279.  Thought I lost my mind then, but I had longer hair then and it dried it in minutes. Loved it. It probably lasted about 8 years.  Once that died, I went back to a $20 hair dryer.  My hair is shorter now.  But I didn’t regret the T3 purchase.  My $20 dryer is on the 3rd year.