Honored Contributor

..........or someone lost my mind for me!!!

One of the bloggers I kind of follow was demoing the newer Dyson straightener.  She spoke about how it would curl.

The Kicker?  $499.00!!!

Color me my hair "curled from the price"!  Permanent beach waves!

No doubt "blogger" got hers free!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: I Think I Lost My Mind....

IMO, Dyson products are always ridiculously over-priced.  I might pay that for a vacuum, but never for a hair styling appliance.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dyson has lost their mind.  The average woman is not going to pay $499 for a hair tool.  Only people that are millionaires can buy that tool.  However, as the saying goes, you can get more bees with honey -- lower your prices, Dyson -- come back to Earth.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Dyson seems to be doing just fine.  I hear the hair dryer is so popular, they can't keep them in stock.  I have one of their expensive fans and it it quit tonight, I'd buy another tomorrow. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Dyson seems to be doing just fine.  I hear the hair dryer is so popular, they can't keep them in stock.  I have one of their expensive fans and it it quit tonight, I'd buy another tomorrow. 

@Kachina624 - I'm sure Dyson has its fans (no pun intended); I'm not one of them.  I had one of their top-of-the-line vacuum cleaners.  It was heavy and cumbersome and had two problems within a couple of years; that was just with normal use.  The cost of replacement parts was crazy.

I replaced it with a Shark; have had that for over ten years now; not a single issue and it does a much better job of cleaning.  It's also much easier to use and more intuitive.  (If it breaks tomorrow, I'll go out and buy another one.)

I simply can't see any justification for the prices attached to hair dryers or curling/straightening irons.  But, as you say, some will think they're worth the money.

Esteemed Contributor

So my hairdresser at the salon, back when I went there.....has a Dyson hair dryer.

For her it was worth every penny to get a client out of her chair quickly so she can seat the next.

In her business, time is money.

Trusted Contributor

I agree that the prices are a little crazy, but my Dyson Airwrap is one of my favorite purchases ever.  I don't think the curling things are that great, but absolutely love the dryer and the brush attachments.  I can dry my hair in half the time of other dryers (and I have had many high end and low end blow dryers) and it looks so much better than I could ever get it before with a dryer and hair brush.

It's definitely a splurge item.  For me it's worth it since I have finicky hair and how my hair looks plays a big part in how I feel, but I totally understand why some people wouldn't think it was worth it.

We all have to decide for ourselves what is worth spending extra money on.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 

I agree.  I have the heater/fan combo (along with the cordless vac) and the performance is absolutely superb!  Couldn't think of living without it here in AZ!!

Honored Contributor

@pdlinda    I have the same items plus two big vacuums. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

If the Dyson replaces a weekly blow out, it would pay for itself in less than 3 months.