Honored Contributor

I used to occasionally wear mascara but then I got an eye infection probably from using mascara that was years old!  Now I don't put any makeup near my eyes.  Just face powder, blush and lipstick.  I'm not much of a makeup person--LOL!!

Trusted Contributor

@4kitties 

Have you tried Grande Lash serum?  It does not have the same ingredients as the prescription verions and I don't think it can change your eye color.  It is expensive, (around $70) but it definitely works for me and my mom. 

My mom lost her lashes and brows during cancer treatment.  When they grew back, they were very sparse.  So I bought this for her, after I had good results with it.  She agrees it works for her, too.  

There is a brow version and a lash version.  I use either on both lashes and brows.  I compared the ingredients and the only difference were the ones at the end.  So I just picked one and use it on both. 

The only down side is, if you stop using it, you'll notice a difference.  

Contributor

I find eyeliner on the lashline (top and bottom) enhance my eyes well enough. My lashes are thin/straight and resist any attempt to curl so I gave it up years ago. For me, mascara is useless without curling so why bother? At my age (middle) I keep it simple.

Respected Contributor

I did buy a pair of the most natural looking false lashes, but I do not think that will work for me without giving my natural lashes a bit of curl.  I had even considered cutting them into small sections, just to give a thicker look for special occasions, but that may not work either.  

I guess I will just have to be without the lush lash look.............

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@justashopper 

Thanks for the recommendation!  I will check it out. 

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

@paixmcdao 

Obviously. 

Esteemed Contributor

Who follows trends? Especially when it comes to personal appearance.

Sometimes I like to study old photographs. A while ago, it dawned on me that some very, very beautiful women, some famous, some not, did not have spiked lashes. Their beauty stood out; their eyes were expressive and beautiful!

Somewhere along the line - pre "pandemic" - I forewent that part of making up.

Maybe for a photo shoot for a little extra enhancement... But on a day-to-day basis, nah, just do not need mascara.

I do not care for all the makeup that the hosts, et.al., wear. IMO, Jen Coffey does a good job with her on-the-air makeup.

Respected Contributor

I haven't worn mascara since I was a teenager in the 1980s.  In fact the only eye makeup I wear is a little bit of eyeliner on my lower lashes.  Been that way since the early 1990s.  I have only wore full eye makeup if I was having my makeup professionally done for event like my wedding. 

Honored Contributor

No I can't do it, and what's more I don't want to . My lashes are really light and I love the way mascara brings out my eyes. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Last time I bought mascara was 2014 -  and then only because a tube came in a Laura Geller kit from which I actually wanted every thing else.   I did try the mascara and probably would have used it for a few months, but my dry eyes scream for hours if one tiny fleck lands where it shouldn't.   

Whatever the make-up trends, I'm fine with ignoring them.  The one item is use constantly is a brow product - at the least pencil for color and a quick brushing.  Wouldn't even do that if I still had more of my own brows.