Honored Contributor

Re: I Never Thought I Would Say This...

@MsCatLuver wrote:

@software  

@software wrote:

I could never be accused of being a beauty snob but I'll never give up my Clinique and if I were a real beauty junkie I would buy nothing but Chanel.

Is this because you believe that Clinique and Chanel are superior products (better ingredients/formulas) than drugstore products?  The only drugstore product I use is Maybelline mascara...all others I buy in Dept stores or Sephora or QVC...not because I'm a snob...just has worked out that way in colormatching to my skin and long lasting-ness etc.

I've never found a drugstore foundation as good as Clinique.    The color is not right, the formula is not right.    I'm not happy with drugstore foundation.   I don't wear mascara.     For me, the Clinique liquid foundation is the right consistency, it dries as soon as it's fully applied-- not before or after.   The color is perfect.   And when I go to the store to buy a new one, they always have mine in stock.

I do believe those 2 lines are superior.   Whatever they say they do, it's true for me.   I know when I pick up an item, that it's going to work as advertised.

For about 15 years I used a product called Beauty Control, you had to buy it from a dealer, it was not mass marketed at retail.   That stuff is flawless.   All their products were long lasting, the colors were great, the price was right.

One of the problems with drugstore products that I found is they don't have  my product in stock or it's been discontinued.

Respected Contributor

The priciest line I like is Benefit. I love their lip tint and cheek stain. I do not wear full-on makeup, no foundation, no primer, etc. but I do like a little color on my cheeks and lips. I also like Avon, I use their blush stick, nail polish, foot creams, fragrance free body lotions, and cleansers, especially when they have their sales. I'm currently using a Biore cleanser with baking soda for combination skin.

Recently, I've tried Beekman 1802 and really liked them, and I adore the Skinn Cosmetics 6X lip balms. I would continue to pay for the balms because they keep my lips hydrated the longest, and with this awful beginning to winter in Maryland it's come in handy.

Respected Contributor

@CoastalGal wrote:

IS the deodarent LaVanilla?  I am not familiar with that brand so I dont know if you are referring to a body lotion and not mentioning the deodorant.

For skin care products ~ specifically  eye what are you using ?  I'm over 50 and now it really seems that with skincare i need a decent one ~ I am pretty furgal ( or a good discount shopper~ sounds much better ) I rarely will pay full price ~ prob why I fall prey to "bundled" products.

@CoastalGal

Yes, the deodorant is by LAVINILA  If you go to their website, I bet they're having a big sale.  If you're only interested in the deodorant, you can get it pretty cheap.  I think Sephora still sells it, at least online.   I just checked and they have a pretty decent selection of LAVINILA items.  The deodorant is $8.

I don't use a separate eye cream and never have with few exceptions- like the eye cream that came in a Pure kit I purchased from Evine.  Same with neck.  I use what I use on my face as long as it's gentle. Oddly, I have smooth lids and very few crows feet - especially for my age.  And yes,  I smile and laugh a lot.  We all do.

If you're determined to find a separate eye cream, CVS and Walgreens are loaded with them- such as Neutrogena, Olay, CeraVe, Burts Bee, and of course natural oils are good and can be found on Amazon at a very reasonable price.   Anything fragrance free would be the way to go for the eye area.. and for me, the entire face.  Just check the ingredient deck first.

Contributor

I just found a Milani powder blush that I'm in love with.  The color is a pure, clear red, like one from a high-end brand I had years ago.  I was very impressed with thequality of the item and will go back for more from this brand!