Respected Contributor

Re: I Need Something New in Lipsticks...

Did someone say lipsticks????? Smiley Wink (yes, I heard you talking about me @suzyQ3 & @Suebdoo! Lol!)

I'm going to second the poster that mentioned Colourpop. They have a TON of shades, many pinky neutrals, great quality, most have a matching lip liner, and the web, YT & Instagram will have LOTS of swatches and color comparisons. I also enjoy Lipstick Queen (yes, they are kind of pricey - Jean Queen is one of my favorite colors, but is not long wearing. Her Sinner line will be more long wearing, and has a nice shade selection). For drugstore, Revlon butter lipsticks really are nice (my favorite, Peach Parfait, has been discontinued, I'm pretty sure.  Truffle is another nice one, MLBB, but does lean slightly brown on me. I remedy that by topping with a pinkish gloss). Clinique also has nice lipsticks. The Long Last and Long Last Soft Matte wear longer on me than the Butter ones, but I prefer the creaminess of the Butter Shine, as my lips tend to be more dry. But my favorite Clinique formula is the Pop formula. I like the Beige, Nude, Bare and Plum Pop shades. And they are around $16-18. Another DS option is the Jordana Twist & Shine Balm Stain. I know you said no balm or stain, but these really do wear more like a lipstick on me. They have a bit of a thicker texture, and wear for quite a while on me, but don't dry out my lips. I like the shades Honey Love & Peony. 

Ok, sorry if I rambled, but I hope this helps some!!

Trusted Contributor

@Quinny, try Wet n Wild MegaLast Lip Color.  It's only a couple of dollars and it's 25% off at Walgreens this week.  And, if you don't like it, they will accept returns!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

A270469 Laura Geller Iconic Baked Sculpting Lipstick Duo $25

I liked the nudes duo of these and I don't usually like most nude shades. One is a pale peach the other is a different kind of pinkish tan, neither has shimmer. Really pretty and creamy. They don't go into lines, last a long time, and the cap has a magnet inside so they don't come off in your purse. Ulta sells just one for $21. I think these are better than her lipstick that won the award, but they're new so I'm sure they'll win next year.
Respected Contributor

I have finally found my perfect lipstick, love the color, feel, lasts and isn't at all drying.

I got a TS from HSN in Two Faced and this lipstick was in that. The color is Sugar Daddy and it is a very soft sort of peachy pink.

Super Contributor

On pintrest, I found a recommendation for Rimmel lipslick, the Kate Moss line.  Comes in a cute black tube.  The color is 08 a pinky rose.  I think it cost about $5.  Ive worn  it several times a week since I bought it.  Some of the other colors in that line look nice and I plan on purchasing a few more.  Try 08, I think you'll love it. 

Honored Contributor

I noticed that Burt's Bees has a new line of lip sticks.  They are in a black tube and are supposed to be very moisturizing.  The drug stores such as CVS and Walgreen are now carrying them and they look nice.  I was looking at them the other day.  Oh, and Target, too.  I could not decide on a color as many of them were very pretty.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@doglover3 wrote:

I have finally found my perfect lipstick, love the color, feel, lasts and isn't at all drying.

I got a TS from HSN in Two Faced and this lipstick was in that. The color is Sugar Daddy and it is a very soft sort of peachy pink.

I purchased that TS, too, and returned it last week.  The only item I really loved out of the kit was the taupe eyebrow gel.  The mascara definitely did not live up to it's name, lol, and I disliked the hourglass-shaped brush.  The blush color was lovely but too many sparkles for everyday wear.  I really wanted to love the lipstick but the Sugar Daddy color is a shade or two too light for me and I look like a zombie in it.  Ah, well, NEXT...

I was at Walgreens yesterday, looking at the Wet n Wild MegaLast lipstick that's on sale and the sales clerk recommended Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss lipstick, too.

Honored Contributor

Speaking of trying something new...this was an OTO a day or so ago and I almost ordered them (but don't need any new lipsticks).  I'll be curious what the reviews say about them.  Mally's gel lipstick trio.    A268704

Respected Contributor

I discovered the NYX lipsticks in the Extra Creamy Round formula. LOTS of great colors (check them out on their site) and only $4. My favorite is "Indian Pink".....perfect!

Super Contributor

I love Clinique lipsticks.  The buttershine have wonderful sheer colors that feel great on the lips, especially for people with dry lips.  I even prefer them to the chubby sticks which I like too.  The different lipstick in tenderheart is a beautiful brownish nude too that I've gone back to time and again.