Esteemed Contributor

I Need Help With Mally Pore Defender

I just received this item and looked at the directions  I don't know if there is supposed to be color, but the item is pink.  When I pat the sponge on it, I see nothing.  Same when I put it on my face.  I tried a damp sponge with no luck.  I obviously have no idea how to use this; so, if anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

Re: I Need Help With Mally Pore Defender

[ Edited ]

It's clear, you are seeing the bottom of the pan which is pink.  You pat and kind of roll it onto your skin.  Using the sponge - do not use a damp sponge. There is no color, it just mattifies the shine.

Respected Contributor

I have the Mally Evercolor Poreless Face Defender which comes in a pink compact.  I'm assuming that is the same product that you are questioning.  It's very slick and when it is applied to your face it really makes your skin look smooth and your make-up will go on so nicely.   

You won't see anything on your face but you should be able to feel your finger just glide over your face.    I don't wet the sponge, I just dab the sponge onto the product and then lightly apply it all over my face.    You won't need to use much.    

I think it's any amazing product and will really make your skin look very translucent.   I also use the Mally Perfect Prep Primer.    Even when I am doing just a light make-up I always use the Face Defender.     It's an extra step but the results are worth it.   

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I just received this item and looked at the directions  I don't know if there is supposed to be color, but the item is pink.  When I pat the sponge on it, I see nothing.  Same when I put it on my face.  I tried a damp sponge with no luck.  I obviously have no idea how to use this; so, if anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it.  

@SXMGirl, I have had the same experience with this product as you have, I just gave up on it.

Honored Contributor

I have an older compact of this and it is great.  Makes my (old) skin look better than with powder.  Also, just go over my nose if it is kind of red and shiny.  I use the sponge without any water on it.  Since a couple of posters have issues with it, I'm wondering if the "newer" compacts of this are lower quality.  These things do happen.  Have loved Mally's products for years, but concerned now that she doesn't own her company, if they will cut corners and not bring out the same quality products.  I am in need of this again and concerned a new order will not be the same quality product.