Respected Contributor

I just started using Wen about 2 weeks ago and really like it. BUT it is drying my hair out. I started with the Summer Peach. To correct this problem I purchased the 613 and use it as the second cleanse and my hair(fine, thin, color-treated) is better. When I am finished with the Peach any suggestions about which Wen I should purchase?

Respected Contributor

Fig. It is the most moisturizing. It has transformed my dry hair.

Trusted Contributor
I agree with the Fig suggestion as it is definitely the most moisturizing. You will find lots of help with any questions you have over in the Wen forum Smiley Happy
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

Tea Tree as first cleanse, Fig as second cleanse. I have extremely dry and coarse hair - and this is the only thing that gives me reliably good results. Although I love the seasonals, I can't use them with every cleanse because my hair dries out with repeated use. Same with 613, I have to rotate it out with m TT and FIG.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe you should look into one of the discovery kits, that way you can try a few different formulas to see which one(s) you hair likes best.

I know the seasonals are touted as being universal, but that's not the case, at least for me personally. 613 is treatment based, and provides the most protein (in the form of amino acids) of the Wen Cleansing Conditioners. The seasonals (like Summer Honey Peach) are hybrid formulas of the traditional core formulas and 613. They also contain amino acids. My hair can only handle these in small doses. When I overdo it, my hair becomes dry, brittle and tangles easily (which it normally never does). My hair prefers the wheat based formulas (Tea Tree, Sweet Almond Mint, Cucumber Aloe and Lavender), with an occasional "boost" from 613 or a seasonal. When I have the correct balance of moisture and protein, my hair is awesome! When I use too much protein, it becomes dry and "straw like". It's all about finding the proper balance for your hair.

As others have mentioned, Fig is the most moisturizing of all the formulas, and is great for dry, damaged hair.

Also, you may want to start a thread on the Wen forum, you may get some additional suggestions there.

Best of luck!!

Respected Contributor

Best advice is regular shampoo is better lol. Like the wen oils tho

Contributor

Maybe try posting this in the WEN forum to get more responses.

Super Contributor

LOL---I sound like a broken record. Fig is moisturizing, but the smell...

DON'T do a second cleanse---cleanse once with a mixture (half and half) of the peach and the 613. BE SURE TO USE ENOUGH. When you skimp, it seems to make your hair appear dry. Be sure hair is very very WET before you apply. Massage in---leave in for two or three minutes while finishing shower, then RINSE RINSE RINSE. I don't leave any in.

I use one pump of styling cream on wet hair from ears down.

Great results. Only ones that work for me are some of the seasonals mixed equally with 613.

Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

613 to the rescue! I have better results with any formula of WEN as long as I include a few pumps of 613 in the cleanse, and use a pump or two as a leave-in conditioner. I have extremely dry fragile hair and I use various formulations of WEN. Fig is in my rotation, but my best results come when I use 613 and Tea Tree.

Each of us has our own unique number of pumps needed depending on our hair length, thickness and texture whether we are using one formula or mixing a few. The only guess I would give to someone who feels their hair is too dry from WEN is for that person to increase the number of pumps being used to cleanse and definitely use at least one pump of the cleansing conditioner as a leave-in. You may also want to do an overnight deep conditioner. Most Wen devotees will say to use Chaz's Re-Moist, but I personally get better results using other deep treatments. Ojon Restorative Treatment is at the top of my list for a hair masque. I also like Carol's Daughter Monoi Hair Masque for overnight.