Respected Contributor

Re: I NEED EYE MAKE UP FOR MY DAUGHTER'S WEDDING...

@brandiwine ,  my daughter said they're not doing make overs in the stores, thats why I'm kinda on my own.  I had MAC  do my eyes a couple years back, and WOW, the guy that did me made me look like I had an eye lift and then some...and I saw green in my eyes I never knew I had.  He has moved onto another area.  I was wearing a greenish gown (my 1st daughters wedding) he used, light beige, salmon, and bronze on my lids.  Brown pencil on upper inner lids, and bright green on lower.  He also used a touch of purple in the upper crease.  Heavy on mascara.  The guy was magical.  I still use those colors depending on what I'm wearing, but more lightly.

My daughter is having a make up artist do her the day of wedding,  she already had a pre-make up done this week with her own make up mostly from Mac, not in any stores.   Im opting to get suggestions, and probably visit Mac or Sephora to see colors suggested and do myself. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dazlin   It would be awesome if you could schedule an appt. with say Bobbi Brown, Trish McEvoy, Estee Lauder, etc. for the morning of the wedding at Sephora or Nordstrom, Saks or Neimans.  If not, I would stick with neutrals for the eyeshadows in browns. taupes and then use dark brown eyeliner on top but then buy a dark green eyeliner for under the lower lashes to bring out the green in your eyesl  Bobbi Brown has beautiful eyeshadows and her syeshadow sticks are excellent.  Hopefully, your dress is fairly neutral.  Is your daughter having her makeup done?  That's apparently a big thing today with a makeup artist coming to your home for the bride and the wedding party, actually, you too!  Congratulations to you and your daughter.  Many happy years ahead.  Cat Very Happy

P.S. I own this eyeliner by Clinique in brown but this one is Ivy (green) and it is excellent for under lower lashes and has a smudge brush on one end of the liner.  You can make the liner as light or heavy as you want.

$20 & I believe free delivery on all purchases at Clinique.

Intense Ivy | Quickliner™ For Eyes Intense

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Dazlin   Congrats on your daughter's wedding.

Eye makeup: For photos, be sure you don't skimp on concealer and do your brows. Your hazel/green eyes would look great if you tried shadows in the peach/gold/light taupe family. I'd tightline with black (so your eyes stand out) & depending on your age, hooded lids, etc. liner on the lid could be a dark chocolate brown pencil softened w/ a shadow in a similar color (the shadow also sets the liner). Look for waterproof mascara and a waterproof gel liner or pencil for tightlining...I cried all the way through my daughter's wedding. 😜

***The suggestion of the warm shadow colors is going just on eye color. It can be adjusted depending on your skin tone, cool or warm and how much eye makeup you enjoy wearing. If your dress is in the blues, pinks family, I'd change the shadow to be somewhat co-ordinating with that. I know you said "no plums", but maybe some rose toned shadow and taupe in the crease would be better depending on your outfit. If you do the peach/gold/light taupe shadows, be sure your blush is in the same warm tone. Pink/rose shadows call for blush in the those colors. The same with lipstick...all 3 should be warm or cool. Enjoy the wedding. 🌸

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 , yes my daughter already had a pre make over from some one private that uses Mac...she will do her makeup the day of the wedding.   Thank you for your suggestions as well.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus ...thank you so much for the detailed suggestions!!   I'm fair, with pink undertones and usually cool shades look best on me.  That said, I was pleasantly surprised when the make up artist from Mac used beige, salmon, bronze, brown liner on top and green on bottom...all warmish id say??  But I was wearing green( my 1st daughters wedding)

This time, I'm wearing black with rhinestones jumpsuit...so im really just looking to make my eyes stand out, I could go with cool colors I guess.   Thank you for the congrats...shes my middle daughter, as precious as they come.

Frequent Contributor

Charlotte Tilbury has eye shadow geared toward ones eye color.  I have hazel eyes and love her special colors for my eyes.  It works so well with my eye color, that I will use no other!  I also use her basic liner.  I order Charlotte Tilbury from Sephora online.

Respected Contributor

@tobe ...what colors are you using?  I'd like to look.

Respected Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

I own the Milani Soft and Sultry palette and find that you can create everyday look or a dramatic look.  The colors are very natural and you can use the bottom colors as liners.

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 3.33.22 PM.png

I really like the colors here...  thank you!    

@Dazlin You are welcome! The palette is not expensive at all (under $20 at Target). You can practice with YouTube tutorials and experiment before the wedding.  

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin  You're welcome....only suggestions. Please try out several looks days ahead and instead of just looking in the mirror to decide, take a selfie and see what you think. When you have several "looks" done and are deciding which one looked best, you can look back at your photos for a great comparison. 😜

Respected Contributor

Why do you say plums don't work for you?  They really bring out the green in my hazel eyes. My fave is Bobbi Brown's "heather"  and Laura Mercier black violet liner.  The colors are subtle.