Esteemed Contributor

Hmmm.... well, I guess I don't have to wear makeup to feel good about myself.  Hubby says he can't tell when I do and when I don't.  So I don't.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Like others have said, my make-up habits haven't really changed much.  I am still working in an office so I wear a full face during the week just like always.

I have never worn a full face of make-up on the weekends unless I was going out.  Now for running errands I do mascara, brows and a little highlighter under my brows.  The rest of my face is covered with a mask.  I am not dining out, etc. so rarely am I full faced on a weekend.  

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

No makeup? Really? I still wear makeup every day! I want to feel good about myself and look good, all the time, for me and my dh. I would feel awful if I didn't think I looked my best all of the time. 

Yes, really, @ID2. Isn't it great that we all have our preferences and priorities?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I'm at home way more often than running a few errands, so the times that I wear a mask are minimal each week. I still put on a little makeup everyday as part of my morning routine. Just a little tinted moisturizer, a swipe or two of blush and neutral eye shadow, mascara, tinted lip gloss and I'm done. That's as much a part of my morning routine as is brushing my teeth and putting a moisturizer on my face whether or not I go anywhere.

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Hmmm.... well, I guess I don't have to wear makeup to feel good about myself.  Hubby says he can't tell when I do and when I don't.  So I don't.

@tototwo    My DH looks at me without mu and always is amazed how "pale" I am. I keep telling him that pale means sick and I am "fair". He said "No, you're so fair, you do look sick". Nice, guy.

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

I'm at home way more often than running a few errands, so the times that I wear a mask are minimal each week. I still put on a little makeup everyday as part of my morning routine. Just a little tinted moisturizer, a swipe or two of blush and neutral eye shadow, mascara, tinted lip gloss and I'm done. That's as much a part of my morning routine as is brushing my teeth and putting a moisturizer on my face whether or not I go anywhere.

@jannabelle1  That's my routine, too. Takes an extra 2 minutes.

Honored Contributor

@tototwo 

Oh No! LOL I wear it because I like it and I don't want to scare small children when I leave the house Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Miss Makeup

[ Edited ]

Oh gosh, @monicakm, I scare small children with my big mask and thick eyeglasses!  I look like something from outer space!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Occasional Contributor

Re: I Miss Makeup

[ Edited ]

Tips & Tricks For Right Eye Makeup

1. Always use a primer
An eye primer creates a clean canvas for you to work with, and it acts as a barrier between the makeup of your eyes and the natural oils in your skin. In this way, the makeup of your eyes remains so that you can keep touch-ups to a minimum.

2. Decode Your Palette
Here is a simple breakdown of your original eye makeup palette, which helps you decide what the colors of each part of your eye are.

3. Highlight
Highlight the inner corner of your eyes for an ultra-glam look. Take a light shimmering eyeshadow and tap on the inner corner of the eye and blend well.

4. Make colors more vibrant with white shadows.
If you really want to make your eye makeup pop, first apply a white base. Blend a white pencil or eyeshadow around your lid and then apply your shade on top for more vibrant color.

5. Fix Your Makeup
When you are done with your eye makeup, take a Q-tip dipped in micellar water and wipe off any smoothies and clean the lines for a sharp look.

6. Choose Your Eye Makeup Formula Willy
Pressed eyeshadow is your basic, most common formula. They are a mess-free option. Cream shadows are ideal if you want a dew sheen. Loose shadows usually come in a small pot but are the most flawed of the three.

Honored Contributor

Since Mid March, I have been working from home, and haven't been wearing makeup at all during the week, so when weekends roll around, I do put on a little, foundation, brows, and concealer! I miss makeup too! I think we are going back to the office around Feb 1st though, so I will get back into my routine! I also always wear a little every Sunday to Church!