Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: I'M GLAD QVC HAS THE HIGHEST $$$ SHIPPING RATES IN THE INDUSTRY !!!

I'm way more likely to make a purchase when shipping is reduced and especially free. Shipping charges seriously make me think before purchasing.

Honored Contributor

On 4/26/2014 chrystaltree said:

I don't care, I don't even think about shipping charges. I can count. I add the shipping charge to the item price and that is the cost. DUHHHHHH...... So much easier than complaining ad nauseam about something that's not going to change.

Hahaha...while your tone may leave something to be desired, I do agree with you. It's all about the total and the availability of the item you want.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I shop around before making a purchase. If I can find what I want at a better price I'll buy it from that website/retailer. I'm not beholding to any one company. I buy from the Q when they offer me an item that I really want/need and I can't find it elsewhere at a better value. It's just that simple.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Honored Contributor

QVC's shipping is high, concidering the business they do, the discounts they get. They can sell over 25,000 of an item in a day. Just that sale alone with just 10 dollars shipping adds up to 250,000.00 alone on that one item. They have been shown by Business Weekly a couple years back to make a huge profit on their shipping and handling charges.

That said there is a smaller company, Soft Surroundings that gets my award for high shipping charges. They go by not the item, but how much you buy. The more you spend the higher the shipping, and rarely do they give a penny break! You can order a skirt for 100 bucks and a top for 60 bucks and pay 20 dollars for shipping. They could be light as a feather items, it is all the same.

Regular Contributor

I purchase most items now through hsn because their prices are fair (great clearance prices) and the free shipping. Why pay more? My QVC purchases have greatly declined due to the high shipping fees.

Super Contributor

I would be more accepting of their shipping prices if they managed to get the items shipped out with more efficiency. If you're going to charge high shipping and handling, you better get the packages out fast and delivered to the consumer ASAP! QVC fails at that.

Honored Contributor

On 4/26/2014 rat2e said:

I purchase most items now through hsn because their prices are fair (great clearance prices) and the free shipping. Why pay more? My QVC purchases have greatly declined due to the high shipping fees.

Same here! First of all their S?H is more reasonable. When they have a TSV...most of the time S/H is free. When they have fashion, beauty, home sells etc. shipping is free all day or buy one item and the rest of the day shipping is free.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

I think the time it takes to ship, is varied. I can get items in 4 days (I am in California) from date of purchase, and sometimes it takes all of 2 weeks. I have found the items that take too long to ship, are not shipped out for over a week after purchase. That is unacceptable to me.

I did have a good experience this month with shipping. I ordered 2 LG tops. One in Violet, the other in a green. Bother were xl. They were too large, although I have ordered xl before in Logo, same top. I hated the Violet, too neon bright for me. I packed them up, enclosed a note. I said please exchange the violet top for a black large, and exchange the xl green for a large green.

They received them in a few days? Wow! Then they did exchange them, at no cost (because I did it by mail) and had them back to me within a week. It took about 9 days turn around from returning them, to receiving new exchanged tops, Ithought they were just going to credit me, and not pay attention to note. I have been shopping with QVC for 25 years, and this was a first. I have never exchanged through the mail. But I did not want to spend the extra money for more fees, and the return label fee

Trusted Contributor

QVC simply is not competitive when it comes to pricing and S&H fees. More passive shoppers who habitually shop QVC and enjoy sitting in their living rooms being wooed by product presentations -- and who don't care much about comparing prices and values -- will continue to shop in this comfortable, convenient, familiar format. Active shoppers who insist on shopping around for best selection, competitive pricing and value, and comparing overall costs including S&H, and who know they can receive convenient home delivery FREE from many other sellers will shop here less and less.

Occasional Contributor

My local post office clerk told me that the USPS actually gives QVC a discount on their shipping rates, too bad it's not passed on to the customer or is it?