Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21

This is a darling haircut. Good luck, this should be an easy-peasy cut for your stylist. The best haircuts are are done by a technique called 'point cutting'. Ask her to point cut your hair. 

⚓️
Trusted Contributor

@SXMGirl

Fair enough, I'm not judging you, you seem very kind. I'm judging her. What she did is just not cool and I would not and could not be friends with someone that treats others like that. 

I hope she continues to treat you well. 

⚓️
Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Sorry but to me this haircut looks like its growing out. Doesn't really have any kind of a style. I'd like to see how a stylist would give this cut. 

It's much more modern and youthful to have a hairstyle that doesn't look so "done".  Very precise, severe styles that don't have movement say elderly to me.

I think it's a fun, casual look that would flatter a lot of people of different age groups.

I do think you would need to have a reasonable amount of thickness and body to the hair to pull it off.

Honored Contributor

Love that haircut, but you need thicker hair with some bend to it for it to look like that. When I bring a picture to my hairdresser or choose one from the books she has at the salon, she will tell me right away if my hair is right for that style. I wear my hair super short now ,so I just let her do her thing and I'm happy with it 99% of the time.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I'm going to bring the picture to my appointment Friday. I already have a layered cut that's about this length...but I want something different. I'll ask my stylist

I've been going to this stylist since last Nov/Dec. My haircut doesn't really look like the first picture I ever brought her. It's pretty much reverted to the old style I had. 

5956de89bc5382160f48255fde527f67.jpg

@Greeneyedlady21

I really like that, too!  I hope she is able to do that for you.

I have not changed styles dramatically in years and years basically because I am hair challenged!  In the past I have gotten cute styles but then go home and am unable to duplicate it-- or come even close!  

I know that it depends a lot on what type of hair you have as to whether a particular style will work for you.  But it helps also if you are good with styling hair, too.

I myself love this style and if I thought it would work for me and I could do it easily, I'd be tempted!

Good luck!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

My hair is very thick. She thins it in places to take out the bulk, just like my previous stylist did when I asked her to.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

It’s adorable, if you have hair that lays that way. Mine won’t...

Respected Contributor

It is a cute hair cut but I like many do not have right hair texture to pull it off.

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@kittyloo, the problem with getting another hairdresser is that she is my friend, and she would never speak to me again if I changed.  A few years ago, she and one of her clients/friend were going on a religious excursion to the Middle East.  Her friend was not feeling well enough to drive the 50 miles to get her hair done, so she got it done locally and let my friend know.  My friend, the hairdresser, did not go on the trip and has never spoken to her unfriend again.  The trip cost her almost $10K and she refused to be aware near the old client.  I guess friendship is more important to me at my age than having a new hair style.

This is probably a whole nother discussion but this woman, the hairstylist, doesn't sound like a friend to me. She sounds petty and immature.  That woman sounds better off without this supposed friend.  

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21, I love that.  I think it's fresh and youthful.  There is nothing worse than a "done" do that looks like a helmet.

Unfortunately, I have thin, fine and totally poker straight hair so this wouldn't work for me.  Smiley Sad