Honored Contributor

I'm going to bring the picture to my appointment Friday. I already have a layered cut that's about this length...but I want something different. I'll ask my stylist

I've been going to this stylist since last Nov/Dec. My haircut doesn't really look like the first picture I ever brought her. It's pretty much reverted to the old style I had. 

5956de89bc5382160f48255fde527f67.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21, mine is supposed to be that style.  No matter how many times I tell my hairdresser, who is also my friend, how I want my hair cut, it always comes out the same that she has done for the past five years.  I will never have this style that I like so much.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21, mine is supposed to be that style.  No matter how many times I tell my hairdresser, who is also my friend, how I want my hair cut, it always comes out the same that she has done for the past five years.  I will never have this style that I like so much.

maybe it's time for you to change hairdressers. 

Honored Contributor

I have brought pictures of haircuts I like, my hair never looks like the picture. It could be that the stylist knows your hair texture is not going to be right for that style. Also that style is done by a professional for a photograph in a magazine, of course it's going to look great. If I got the style of my dreams, I'm not good with my hair, I could never get it to look like that again!

Regular Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21- that is really cute

Trusted Contributor

Adorable, casual cut! I hope you'll love it. Should be easy to deal with daily through the summertime. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I have brought pictures of haircuts I like, my hair never looks like the picture. It could be that the stylist knows your hair texture is not going to be right for that style. Also that style is done by a professional for a photograph in a magazine, of course it's going to look great. If I got the style of my dreams, I'm not good with my hair, I could never get it to look like that again!

Oh I know all that is true. I told her recently that my hair was driving me crazy, that I can't get it to do what I want it to do. She said the texture could be changing and I do think it is. 

It's the products, it's the blow dry. But a good stylist should be able to approximate the style in a picture, or tell you that it won't work for your hair or your face.

She's a senior stylist in the salon. I'm not saying she isn't a good stylist. And obviously yes styles always looks great in professional pictures.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  I think this is a lovely cut, especially if you have thick hair

Honored Contributor

I've seen that one and I like it, too.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

My problem is that I want to look like the person in the picture and the cut can't do that for me.