Trusted Contributor

Good morning everyone,

I thought I'd share what I've been doing to lose weight. I've been following a "modified" Perriocone diet. I truly believe in his philosophy when it comes to eating so I've adjusted it to suit my life and it's working! I'm averaging 2000 calories a day so in no can you call what I'm doing a crash diet. Also, I go to the gym 2-3 times  a week (more like 2 with the Northeast cold keeping me inside) and for no more than 45 minutes. I do a little cardio and mostly strength training.

This is what I'm doing:

-Not eating meat. Instead I have salmon and sardines: Anyone who knows anything about Dr. Perricone knows he is constantly extolling the virtues of salmon. I have about 3 oz in the morning.

-Not eating wheat: Many including Dr. Perricone are not proponents of eating it. Morever, I recently found out that I have a gluten intolerance. I'll have bread every so often, but I'm switiching over to rice.

-Eating lots of protein: Thank you Andrew Lessman for Secure! It is the best meal replacement on the market. I have it with milk which I know many think is a no no but I love it. This protein shake really satisfies my sweet tooth.

-Taking Carnitine with Omega 3 Fatty acids: this is a great combination which will make your body burn fat. Don't ask me how. I use Andrew Lessman's products. Dr. Perricone makes supplements too but they are very costly

And that's about it. I have a coke every so often. I skip the gym if it's too cold. I'm not perfect. BUT I have easily made these changes to my life. It's sustainable and I don't feel deprived and trapped, which is how i felt before when I went on a diet. I felt like I had lost my rights or something because so many foods were off limits.

I'll make sure to keep you abreast of my progress. TIA

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Lost 8.5 lbs in 2 Weeks

Congratulations on your weight loss! You are so lucky that you enjoy fishy fish. I'm a picky eater unfortunately and couldn't do it. 

Honored Contributor

Congratulations on your weight loss.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JBKO Sounds like you are doing a lot of good things for your body. Congratulations! Keep it up!

Everyone's body is different, but yours seems to respond very well to your regime. Kudos! Heart

Love Lessman and Perricone products. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@JBKO

Hi, Congratulations!

I've follow it too.  I have for years.  I love salmon and broccoli.  I eat in 2 different forms;  alternate days fillet or burger, some days both.  I do not have rice or any carb with salmon and broccoli. I just like salmon and broccoli.  I

n the morning I have a Thomas' Multigrain English Muffin with strawberry preserve, I don't fret over the preserve. 

I have a Vitamix. I'll have 1-2 smoothies throughout the day. In the evening I At night, I'll have a salty snack- vege straws or multigrain chips, not a lot, maybe a cup, but it's enough to munch on and watch a show.

I do not drink very much plain water.  24hrs/day, I drink a lot of Iced decaf green tea-cold water from faucet, never heated water, plain unsweetened.

green tea, salmon, broccoli, smoothies 

There are days when I have other foods, I don't worry, because I know I'm always going to have salmon or a smoothie, very soon.

I've felt my best these past 10 years than I have in years. 

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Respected Contributor

@JBKO

Congratulations on your weight loss.  I'm surprised you are able to eat 2000 calories a day and still lose weight.

Honored Contributor

Good for you.  Eveyone knows that losing weight can be a real struggle so it is good you found a plan to work for you.  Keep it up!

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@skittles2    Everything you are doing sounds great!  I am glad that its working for you.  I do my workouts and my eliptical also.  I have cut out most processed foods and eat fresh fruits, veggies, and I stay away from red meat. I would like to start doing smoothies but am not sure exactly what to put in them.  Would you mind sharing some of your smoothie recipes with me? I would really appreciate it.  Thanks  

Respected Contributor

Congrats on your weight loss.

Honored Contributor

That is a significant weekly loss, athough that often happens at first.

I strongly believe in not cutting out any group of foods but instead highlighting some more than others. But everyone has to do what makes them the most comfortable.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland